F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino Show Car Polish

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Zaino Show Car Polish

Is anyone familiar with this line of products for the exterior? I see a lot of posts for interior and leather but nothing for the exterior. My have missed them.

The detailer coming next week says he used Mothers and Meguiars for years before switching.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:41 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

In my opinion this is an older product and more impressive recent products exist. The auto geek forums are a good place to browse on the latest.

That said of you don't mind having a sealant which requires replacement every 4 months versus a coating which lasts 2 years plus, then this is a good option.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
In my opinion this is an older product and more impressive recent products exist. The auto geek forums are a good place to browse on the latest.

That said of you don't mind having a sealant which requires replacement every 4 months versus a coating which lasts 2 years plus, then this is a good option.
He's putting this over the coating. Useless? Unnecessary? Thoughts?

Old 12-20-2014, 02:05 PM

Ive been using Zaino for over a year and just recently learned its not as good as I thought. It last long and does a really great job of making the car shine, but for ultimate paint protection, the company stayfreshcarcare.com has the best products and support I have ever seen. They sent me samples after reviewing my zaino polish thread for my current car (see here for reference-http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dart-detailing-forum/12190-zaino-brothers-products-dart.html).

Still skeptical, I was asked by the owner of the company to give him a call personally and discuss why I thought the product was so great and then went into detail as to why his was better. No fillers or anything in Stay Fresh Care Care products, only the best ingredients in the ultimate combo.

The following users liked this post:
ldmack3 (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

I used Zaino a long time ago (10+ years) to protect my convertible cover and but don't have any recent experience.

ldmack3 (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

As a professional with over 30 years of experience, I have never bought into the Zaino brand. If you were to visit my studio you would find brands such as Nanoskin, Meguiar's, Sonax, Menzerna...brands that are proven in our industry to deliver the best results. Many new products have come to the market in the last couple years....This coating or that coating, there is a huge marketing "revolution" that is going on along with newer advanced technology. New Ceramic Sealants that are extremely hydrophobic and durable tend to be my choice for my customers.

Remember that its more than just using the right product, the right pads, pressure and machine used play a big role in delivering a flawless finish

Nobody wants to be handcuffed to their car with some super expensive coating that leaves you afraid to wipe or wash it.......I see this all the time.

Below is a Jaguar Forum members brand new 2015 FType R just in for my New vehicle prep, I can say that no Zaino was used to deliver this level of shine.

Name:  cff1b643-1f11-4150-9229-8e92bf05a1be_zpsfc51e9c4.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  376.3 KB

Last edited by Innovative Detailing; 12-20-2014 at 09:59 PM.
swajames (12-21-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

I have used Zaino products many times in the past including on a Corvette show car I used to own. I always got a lot of compliments and won awards based on the finish. They are great products, but slightly dated and hard to work with compared to others that are now on the market. I have heard many in the forum mention Opti-Coat and they are paying hundreds to have it applied... However, Auto-Geek sells it for $59.99 and with some care and time you can apply it yourself and achieve great, lasting results.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Innovative Detailing
As a professional with over 30 years of experience, I have never bought into the Zaino brand. If you were to visit my studio you would find brands such as Nanoskin, Meguiar's, Sonax, Menzerna...brands that are proven in our industry to deliver the best results. Many new products have come to the market in the last couple years....This coating or that coating, there is a huge marketing "revolution" that is going on along with newer advanced technology. New Ceramic Sealants that are extremely hydrophobic and durable tend to be my choice for my customers.

Remember that its more than just using the right product, the right pads, pressure and machine used play a big role in delivering a flawless finish

Nobody wants to be handcuffed to their car with some super expensive coating that leaves you afraid to wipe or wash it.......I see this all the time.

Below is a Jaguar Forum members brand new 2015 FType R just in for my New vehicle prep, I can say that no Zaino was used to deliver this level of shine.

WOW That is beautiful.
Does it have a coating and polish? I call it coating because there are so many...cQuartz. Opti, Ceramic Pro, etc. Not sure there is a lot of difference in most of them. As a professional what is your take on the different coatings? I'm planning on getting the coating and the polish and then Xpel in a month or so.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

What coating did you use on this car? I have the XPEL film on the front covered with the Ceramic Pro on the entire car.

What do you recommend to boost the coating after washing the car? I note that Pinnacle has a Black label series just for ceramic coated cars including a coating booster. Do those work without damaging the coating warranty?

Although I must say this looks more like a carnauba wax shine.

Last edited by Lovemonet; 12-21-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I agree with you completely. On one of my cars I spent $1000 on a two stage paint correction and three coats of CQuartz. On another I spent $800 on a full OptiPro treatment. In both cases I regretted spending the money because after a year both finishes are slightly marred in a few spots (and this is with a high level of washing care - 2 bucket, clean dedicated microfibers, snowfoam, power dryer etc.). So you need to polish and re-do it.

This time, I went for a single stage polish and GTechniq EXO for a third of the price. I will re-do it in a year. This is a sports car, and you can't expect the paint to remain untouched.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Name:  cff1b643-1f11-4150-9229-8e92bf05a1be_zpsfc51e9c4.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  376.3 KB[/QUOTE]

Hi, this is a very interesting thread/post, and the 2015 R-Type looks awesome to me and my son. Please can you tell us exactly what you used, as we were contemplating Zaino, but after looking at this and reading, we would like to go the route that you went.....

Thanks,

Old 06-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok call me old school but I've used Zaino on my BMW's, twin turbo Supra and 65 vette. When it came time to detail the F-Type I looked into the others but went back to Zaino, and spent the morning detailing her. Why Zaino? In 20 years I can't think of one instance where I was unhappy with the results. It's never let me down.
But as I was working away detailing her this morning I thought to myself somewhere there is a porsche/ferrari/lambo guy detailing his car using another product and he too swears by it.

Bottom line is go with what you think is right or what your friends swear by.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer
Ok call me old school but I've used Zaino on my BMW's, twin turbo Supra and 65 vette. When it came time to detail the F-Type I looked into the others but went back to Zaino, and spent the morning detailing her. Why Zaino? In 20 years I can't think of one instance where I was unhappy with the results. It's never let me down.
But as I was working away detailing her this morning I thought to myself somewhere there is a porsche/ferrari/lambo guy detailing his car using another product and he too swears by it.

Bottom line is go with what you think is right or what your friends swear by.
+++1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvy6...=369.632035182

No one can tell the difference between like products I assure you. Zaino is good stuff, I have a half empty bottle right here. I will obviously say certain types of products are better than other types but if you think a detailer, A show car owner, a paint manufacturer rep, or for that matter anyone at SEMA can walk up to a car and say "this car was done with..." is guessing. You give a good detailer good products and your car will end up very shiny. Zaino is good enough of a product that anyone worth their weight in salt does a full care Zaino detail, using all Zaino, will end up with a finish that will parallel any other high end product.

I once had a detailer who swore by Blue Coral and told me thats the only product he'd ever use. After listening to him tell me "trust me", I let him do the detail with the off the shelf wax. Guess what? The car was glistening, deep shine, beautiful, when he finished and I was very happy. Blue Coral was all he ever used and I went to him religiously with my Bentley GT. It's also near impossible to gauge the length of time a product lasts compared to each other because the exposure to elements can't be exactly replicated. An experiment like this would have to be tested in a controlled environment after being stripped clean and re waxed. How do you test the level of wax left on your car after a month, 3 months?

Smoke and mirrors. Every new detail product brands itself as the latest and the greatest. In fact I don't think I can think of a marketplace with more hype attached than the car detail space. Unless you can tell me of a product I haven't seen yet that is truly revolutionary, I don't buy it. Sorry guys.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-19-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

I have been using Zaino all in one and clear coat for a while now, I wouldn't say it is stunningly better than anything else I have ever used, but it is easy to use and gives a very good durable finish. I don't feel any strong need to switch.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Today's posts make so much sense to me.

Zaino is just as good as any other, and once would have a hard time comparing products because:

Elements vary
Who knows how long "lasting" lasting is?
Certain off the shelf stuff creates a great shine, so the debate is useless
Deep shine is the goal, and Zaino is easy to work with

Note to self. My son and I have new cars, and are getting ready to "work on them". we have been going back and forth on what to get prior to doing the cars at his house. It has been an interesting time researching and reading back and forth posts all over the internet. These sets of posts make me feel much better that it isn't us, there are just many alternate opinions, and most of them are confusing.

Result = Just pick a great product and run with it, you can't go wrong.

I will add = Take your time, have fun doing it and enjoy the result!

Old 06-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Today's posts make so much sense to me.

Zaino is just as good as any other, and once would have a hard time comparing products because:

Elements vary
Who knows how long "lasting" lasting is?
Certain off the shelf stuff creates a great shine, so the debate is useless
Deep shine is the goal, and Zaino is easy to work with

Note to self. My son and I have new cars, and are getting ready to "work on them". we have been going back and forth on what to get prior to doing the cars at his house. It has been an interesting time researching and reading back and forth posts all over the internet. These sets of posts make me feel much better that it isn't us, there are just many alternate opinions, and most of them are confusing.

Result = Just pick a great product and run with it, you can't go wrong.

I will add = Take your time, have fun doing it and enjoy the result!

It's kind of like painting your house.

Behr? Sherman Williams? Valspar? Kelly Moore? Glidden? Then, which quality level between brands?

Bottom line- the best paint job will be the one that was prepped and painted correctly.

slojotaa (06-20-2016)