F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZL1 1LE with 14,000 trade for a F Type SVR with 6,000

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2022 | 08:32 AM
|
Default ZL1 1LE with 14,000 trade for a F Type SVR with 6,000

New to the forum. Exited and nervous about the trade. About to sign paperwork tomorrow, Any thoughts, please???
Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
SJones (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 08:50 AM

What's the price? Unless you are getting an incredible deal, you may be able to get into a later model AWD R for less. Very slight improvements in the SVR and not worth the premium price they charge as both models are beautiful IMHO. You can apply a aftermarket tune to the AWD R and exceed the power of the SVR for a couple grand if thats your thing.

LuRivera (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

So, piecing together your posts in other threads, you're saying that you've made the deal and are picking up the SVR tomorrow, right?

Having an F-Type is very different than the limited edition Camaro in a number of ways. I, personally, looked at a ZL1 1LE (as well as other cars). There is much, much MUCH more aftermarket support for the Camaro. Aftermarket for the Jag is extremely limited, even down to simple things like wheels. IF you are into modding cars, you're going to struggle. There are things you can do and some mods, like the S/C pully and tunes are easy enough, but it's not the same as with a Camaro, Vette, Mustang or even BMW and Merc. Having said that, the SVR already comes well modded by the factory. There is much more to the SVR than just 25 hp. Since I first saw an SVR, I was drawn to it because of the whole package. Put an SVR side by side with an R and it's immediately apparent which is which. I saw an R with an SVR badge and it was clearly upbadged.

When I owned an R, I was always looking for little ways to personalize it. I changed the wheels. I looked into front ends and some other pieces, which I never ended up buying, but would have eventually. With the SVR, all I want to do is add in Android Auto integration and a smart top (things you would want with any other F-Type of the same year). The car came tricked out from the factory.

Now, things you are going to notice about the Jag right away: The stereo is nowhere near as good as the one in the Camaro. Not just the sound, the entire infotainment system. It's years behind. On paper, the Camaro may be the better car. The Jag will win out in a drag race due to the AWD, but the Camaro actually turns better lap times. You don't buy an F-Type because it's the best car out there. It isn't. There are better cars, on paper. You buy an F-Type because it hooks your soul and speaks directly to that part of your brain that never grew up. You buy it because every time you get out of the car and walk away, you turn around and look at it. I'm not saying it's a bad car. It's a great car and it's an absolute beast. So is the AMG GT. So are many other cars. The Jag is what I wanted in a car. It's raw and crude and yet somehow refined at the same time. I'll go weeks without seeing another one and I still am drawn to it as much as the first time I saw one.

My car search, which involved many different cars, including the Maserati GranTurismo M/C, the ZL1 1LE, C7 Z06, M850i, Aston Martin Vantage and other cars I'm forgetting, I went with the Jag. I liked it enough that I bought one again (this time a convertible) and when I bought the convertible, I was pulled very hard to the M850i. The Beemer is a little larger, has much more room inside and in the trunk, 4 wheel steering, BMW support, a great infotainment system, on and on. It was probably the smarter choice, but the F-Type drew me back. After owning an F-Type for over four years, I bought another.

The following 4 users liked this post by eeeeek:
BenFT (12-30-2022), LuRivera (01-01-2023), scm (12-29-2022), YRS (01-03-2023)
Old 12-29-2022 | 02:28 PM
Veteran Member

Assuming the SVR has 4 wheels and starts, book it.

Yes, there are a lot more aftermarket offerings for a Camaro. Just like there is a lot more plastic surgery can do for Whoopi Goldberg than it can for Cindy Crawford.

jaguny (01-01-2023)
Old 12-29-2022 | 04:01 PM
|

Thank so much for your input! I’m paying $71,000 for the SVR. Didn’t really get into it for its speed nor am I planning on modding it at all. The Camaro has plenty of that. I’m getting in to it for its appearance and rarity and low mileage. I want to be able to enjoy it through long distances without braking my back.

I don’t see many ZL1 1LE’s where I live. But I’ve never seen an SVR in person. My concern is more about long-term value and overall performance between the two cars. I’m definitely starting to miss the manual transmission though

Old 12-29-2022 | 04:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LuRivera
Thank so much for your input! I’m paying $71,000 for the SVR. Didn’t really get into it for its speed nor am I planning on modding it at all. The Camaro has plenty of that. I’m getting in to it for its appearance and rarity and low mileage. I want to be able to enjoy it through long distances without braking my back.

I don’t see many ZL1 1LE’s where I live. But I’ve never seen an SVR in person. My concern is more about long-term value and overall performance between the two cars. I’m definitely starting to miss the manual transmission though
Just put it in S mode (move the shift lever across) then manually change gears with either the lever or the paddles. Better to use the lever if you want a feel closer to using a true manual. It will still automatically shift down to 2nd gear as you come to a stop (although much more satisfying to use the lever to downshift which gives you a nice little rev matching throttle blip) but remember it won't upshift automatically even if bouncing off the rev limiter, which makes it much more like a true manual.

LuRivera (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

I hear you. For a long time, I would only buy manuals, including trucks. There are still times I miss stirring gears, but it's not as often as I thought it would be. I've gotten to rather enjoy the ZF transmission, especially in traffic. When I visit my parents I drive their old Jeep around and that helps me get my fix.

Old 12-29-2022 | 04:25 PM

If everything checks out and has a clean car fax I would say that's a dam good dea with that mileage. There are a few SVRs on Autotrader but none that cheap. Make me wonder, why so cheap. One good thing is if you wanted to add after market audio gear it will be much easier with the 2017 which vendors have oem interface modules for MOST fiber which is what the 2017 has I believe for audio signal to factory amplifier.

LuRivera (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 08:38 PM
|

Originally Posted by Jag Bass
If everything checks out and has a clean car fax I would say that's a dam good dea with that mileage. There are a few SVRs on Autotrader but none that cheap. Make me wonder, why so cheap. One good thing is if you wanted to add after market audio gear it will be much easier with the 2017 which vendors have oem interface modules for MOST fiber which is what the 2017 has I believe for audio signal to factory amplifier.
I believe I got lucky with this buy for sure. I also had a hefty offer for my ZL1. Don’t think I’ll make any changes because I’m thinking I’ll end up trading the SVR for a 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE this May. I’m hoping to get more educated on my first F Type. I’ll probably change my mind

Old 12-29-2022 | 08:55 PM

I believe I got lucky with this buy for sure. I also had a hefty offer for my ZL1. Don’t think I’ll make any changes because I’m thinking I’ll end up trading the SVR for a 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE this May. I’m hoping to get more educated on my first F Type. I’ll probably change my mind
2017 SVR price was $126,000, I would definately keep it with the deal your getting. Going to turn way more head than a Camaro ever thought possible. Slap a supersprint exhaust on it and you will turn heads for blocks.

The following 3 users liked this post by Jag Bass:
LuRivera (12-29-2022), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (01-04-2023), Turko (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022 | 05:49 AM
Veteran Member

There is a CPO 2019 Santorini SVR vert with 11K miles for $96K at Boston Jaguar.
Price is not much different to a similar R.

Old 12-30-2022 | 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
So, piecing together your posts in other threads, you're saying that you've made the deal and are picking up the SVR tomorrow, right?

Having an F-Type is very different than the limited edition Camaro in a number of ways. I, personally, looked at a ZL1 1LE (as well as other cars). There is much, much MUCH more aftermarket support for the Camaro. Aftermarket for the Jag is extremely limited, even down to simple things like wheels. IF you are into modding cars, you're going to struggle. There are things you can do and some mods, like the S/C pully and tunes are easy enough, but it's not the same as with a Camaro, Vette, Mustang or even BMW and Merc. Having said that, the SVR already comes well modded by the factory. There is much more to the SVR than just 25 hp. Since I first saw an SVR, I was drawn to it because of the whole package. Put an SVR side by side with an R and it's immediately apparent which is which. I saw an R with an SVR badge and it was clearly upbadged.

When I owned an R, I was always looking for little ways to personalize it. I changed the wheels. I looked into front ends and some other pieces, which I never ended up buying, but would have eventually. With the SVR, all I want to do is add in Android Auto integration and a smart top (things you would want with any other F-Type of the same year). The car came tricked out from the factory.

Now, things you are going to notice about the Jag right away: The stereo is nowhere near as good as the one in the Camaro. Not just the sound, the entire infotainment system. It's years behind. On paper, the Camaro may be the better car. The Jag will win out in a drag race due to the AWD, but the Camaro actually turns better lap times. You don't buy an F-Type because it's the best car out there. It isn't. There are better cars, on paper. You buy an F-Type because it hooks your soul and speaks directly to that part of your brain that never grew up. You buy it because every time you get out of the car and walk away, you turn around and look at it. I'm not saying it's a bad car. It's a great car and it's an absolute beast. So is the AMG GT. So are many other cars. The Jag is what I wanted in a car. It's raw and crude and yet somehow refined at the same time. I'll go weeks without seeing another one and I still am drawn to it as much as the first time I saw one.

My car search, which involved many different cars, including the Maserati GranTurismo M/C, the ZL1 1LE, C7 Z06, M850i, Aston Martin Vantage and other cars I'm forgetting, I went with the Jag. I liked it enough that I bought one again (this time a convertible) and when I bought the convertible, I was pulled very hard to the M850i. The Beemer is a little larger, has much more room inside and in the trunk, 4 wheel steering, BMW support, a great infotainment system, on and on. It was probably the smarter choice, but the F-Type drew me back. After owning an F-Type for over four years, I bought another.
Comparing an F-Type to Cameros, Mustangs,etc is like comparing the Ritz to the Motel 6. AMG GTC and AMG SL are both $70k more than a fully loaded Ftype convertible. F-Types are in their own class. People STILL ask what kind of car it is!

LuRivera (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022 | 12:21 PM
Default JagBass and other members ....

Originally Posted by Jag Bass
2017 SVR price was $126,000, I would definately keep it with the deal your getting. Going to turn way more head than a Camaro ever thought possible. Slap a supersprint exhaust on it and you will turn heads for blocks.

If there's anything I can do for you please ask or let me know what I can do to help with your needs. I'll do my best for you. I am here as your advocate.
Send me a private message.
Thank you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Respectfully,
Roberto

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 12-30-2022 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2022 | 12:52 PM
Default GUANTEED

By .May...You will not want to let go of the SVR!
Camaro or SVR???

The following 2 users liked this post by Sparky H:
LuRivera (01-01-2023), scm (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022 | 01:04 PM

Roberto, PM'd You.

Old 12-30-2022 | 01:33 PM
|

Originally Posted by F-type-r-2022
Comparing an F-Type to Cameros, Mustangs,etc is like comparing the Ritz to the Motel 6. AMG GTC and AMG SL are both $70k more than a fully loaded Ftype convertible. F-Types are in their own class. People STILL ask what kind of car it is!

I truly hope the SVR pumps me up like the 1LE. Still, I preordered a 2023 ZL1 1LE last August that should be coming in a couple of months. So I hope to have put enough miles on the SRV to appreciate it and decide which one to keep by then…💪🏽

Old 12-30-2022 | 04:20 PM

I truly hope the SVR pumps me up like the 1LE. Still, I preordered a 2023 ZL1 1LE last August that should be coming in a couple of months. So I hope to have put enough miles on the SRV to appreciate it and decide which one to keep by then…💪🏽
Sir, with all due respect I believe you are trolling....Camaro vs Jag F Type SVR? dddddd!

Old 12-30-2022 | 05:06 PM
Cool

To each their own! I purchased my SVR to hold me over till I ordered a new C8 corvette! After driving the SVR, with the amazing Titanium exhaust, and AWD power, I canceled my spot on the list for a C8, I was on for almost a year! I had 5 Corvettes over previous years before. This SVR is way more than I expected! Definitely not a good comparison for any Camaro!

djyankees31 (12-31-2022)
Old 12-31-2022 | 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by newskatercat
To each their own! I purchased my SVR to hold me over till I ordered a new C8 corvette! After driving the SVR, with the amazing Titanium exhaust, and AWD power, I canceled my spot on the list for a C8, I was on for almost a year! I had 5 Corvettes over previous years before. This SVR is way more than I expected! Definitely not a good comparison for any Camaro!

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/camaro-zl1-2022

This doesn't make you wonder? Half the cost, more performance, active aftermarket making the sky the limit. Magnetic ride control, a six speed manual, 650hp for $66k? If it didn't look like hammered dog ****, I'd be interested.

Sparky H (12-31-2022)
Old 12-31-2022 | 11:51 AM

The real solution is to use the SVR on the street and the ZL1 for the track.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jay_Davis:
LuRivera (01-01-2023), Sovande (12-31-2022)

Quick Reply: ZL1 1LE with 14,000 trade for a F Type SVR with 6,000