F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZL1 1LE with 14,000 trade for a F Type SVR with 6,000

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sparky H
Sir, with all due respect I believe you are trolling....Camaro vs Jag F Type SVR? dddddd!
I only joined this forum to enjoy and learn about these cars. Worked too hard for my$$$…”Respectfully”, no bs 😑

Old 01-01-2023, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
The real solution is to use the SVR on the street and the ZL1 for the track.

Some day my friend, some day💪🏽

Old 01-01-2023, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
So, piecing together your posts in other threads, you're saying that you've made the deal and are picking up the SVR tomorrow, right?

Having an F-Type is very different than the limited edition Camaro in a number of ways. I, personally, looked at a ZL1 1LE (as well as other cars). There is much, much MUCH more aftermarket support for the Camaro. Aftermarket for the Jag is extremely limited, even down to simple things like wheels. IF you are into modding cars, you're going to struggle. There are things you can do and some mods, like the S/C pully and tunes are easy enough, but it's not the same as with a Camaro, Vette, Mustang or even BMW and Merc. Having said that, the SVR already comes well modded by the factory. There is much more to the SVR than just 25 hp. Since I first saw an SVR, I was drawn to it because of the whole package. Put an SVR side by side with an R and it's immediately apparent which is which. I saw an R with an SVR badge and it was clearly upbadged.

When I owned an R, I was always looking for little ways to personalize it. I changed the wheels. I looked into front ends and some other pieces, which I never ended up buying, but would have eventually. With the SVR, all I want to do is add in Android Auto integration and a smart top (things you would want with any other F-Type of the same year). The car came tricked out from the factory.

Now, things you are going to notice about the Jag right away: The stereo is nowhere near as good as the one in the Camaro. Not just the sound, the entire infotainment system. It's years behind. On paper, the Camaro may be the better car. The Jag will win out in a drag race due to the AWD, but the Camaro actually turns better lap times. You don't buy an F-Type because it's the best car out there. It isn't. There are better cars, on paper. You buy an F-Type because it hooks your soul and speaks directly to that part of your brain that never grew up. You buy it because every time you get out of the car and walk away, you turn around and look at it. I'm not saying it's a bad car. It's a great car and it's an absolute beast. So is the AMG GT. So are many other cars. The Jag is what I wanted in a car. It's raw and crude and yet somehow refined at the same time. I'll go weeks without seeing another one and I still am drawn to it as much as the first time I saw one.

My car search, which involved many different cars, including the Maserati GranTurismo M/C, the ZL1 1LE, C7 Z06, M850i, Aston Martin Vantage and other cars I'm forgetting, I went with the Jag. I liked it enough that I bought one again (this time a convertible) and when I bought the convertible, I was pulled very hard to the M850i. The Beemer is a little larger, has much more room inside and in the trunk, 4 wheel steering, BMW support, a great infotainment system, on and on. It was probably the smarter choice, but the F-Type drew me back. After owning an F-Type for over four years, I bought another.

Well, there’s no turning back now! signed papers over the weekend and now the car is being shipped from Washington State all the way to MA😬…never driven an SVR but did test-drive an f type p450 a few weeks ago. I wasn’t crazy about it but I liked the way it felt and looked enough that I decided to go for the F Type SVR top-dog! How’s the torque?!
​​​​​​​

Old 01-01-2023, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

My SVR is in storage. Wish it was Spring... I don't think you will be disappointed. Maybe only if looks don't matter.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 445 Likes on 391 Posts

I'm sure you'll love it! Make sure it has all seasons before you drive it! I bought my 2017 SVR from California and had it shipped to MA a few years ago. Was on summer sport tyres so once weather got into 30s it was quite edgy. I don't drive it through the New England winter anyway but I have all seasons on jt now so I get more of the shoulder periods.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 561 Likes on 361 Posts

The people harping on the Camaro have never given it an honest shake. The Holden based cars are quite good. The 2006 GTO I owned is one of the cars that I wish I never sold.

The Camaro isn't just a lot of car for the money, it's a lot of car period. The raw hooligan power of that car is just something you need to experience and the cockpit is quite nice. It handles well, has a far superior infotainment system and in some ways is better than the F-Type. As a whole package, I chose the F-Type and I recognize that the high power Camaros are quite a value. They really are great cars. They will never have the 'image' of the European cars, but that's just vanity.

LuRivera, my car background is similar to yours. I've owned a damn '77 Firebird, I've had a 2006 GTO and even a Mustang about 25 years ago. An American RWD V8 is something that just gets into your soul and taps into fun. The F-Type, and specifically the SVR, has been THE CAR for me. With the AWD, I no longer do smokey burnouts, which is a good thing. The car has been something extra and I'm still hooked 4 and a half years later.

Old 01-05-2023, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
The people harping on the Camaro have never given it an honest shake. The Holden based cars are quite good. The 2006 GTO I owned is one of the cars that I wish I never sold.

The Camaro isn't just a lot of car for the money, it's a lot of car period. The raw hooligan power of that car is just something you need to experience and the cockpit is quite nice. It handles well, has a far superior infotainment system and in some ways is better than the F-Type. As a whole package, I chose the F-Type and I recognize that the high power Camaros are quite a value. They really are great cars. They will never have the 'image' of the European cars, but that's just vanity.

LuRivera, my car background is similar to yours. I've owned a damn '77 Firebird, I've had a 2006 GTO and even a Mustang about 25 years ago. An American RWD V8 is something that just gets into your soul and taps into fun. The F-Type, and specifically the SVR, has been THE CAR for me. With the AWD, I no longer do smokey burnouts, which is a good thing. The car has been something extra and I'm still hooked 4 and a half years later.
Yes Sir💪🏽. I look forward to the svr’s arrival next Friday. And I’m definitely buying another ZL1 1LE as soon as the dealer I’m working with gets allocation for one. I’m curious to see what Jaguar will announce on EV cars and their production of the F Type R moving forward and how that will impact the SVR’s value $$$