General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

4 Post Lift Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs up 4 Post Lift Recommendations

Hello all, I did a quick search on the forums and I can't really seem to find any brand specific or individuals that list a good review on a 4 post lift other than people saying "I love mine" or "I can't imagine life without it"...

I'm in the market for a 4 post lift now to stack the cars and I wanted the opinion of fellow Jag forum members as to if you have one, what brand, are you happy with it, etc.

I've been doing my research and so far what I've "seen on the 'net" is the Bendpak HD9 (BendPak HD-9 Four Post Lift 9,000 Lb. Capacity, Standard Width) looks to be the one I'm leaning for as it seems best bang for the buck, safety, certifications, etc, but I'd love to hear what people here use if they do.

Thanks!

Old 07-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

It depends on what you are using it for?
Sounds like a parking solution rather than for repair?

I have a Bendpak 10K 2 post lift because I wanted a lift for repairs. Good lift and you also need to decide if having a certified lift is important?

Again almost everything is made in China (Including my BendPak) so unless your hung up on that don't worry about it. Buying American will cost a LOT of extra money you don't need to spend.

I made sure my lift was ALI rated. ALI (American Lift Institute) is the ONLY certifying body in the US for lifts. Not sure that means anything either but I paid another $300-$500 over what a similar non-ALI rated lift would cost.

Here is mine installed;

If you want a BUNCH of info on lifts the guys over at Garage Journal are probably the most knowledgeable.

The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin

Attached Thumbnails 4 Post Lift Recommendations-front-lift-small.jpg   4 Post Lift Recommendations-lift-front-small.jpg  
Old 07-07-2017, 02:40 AM
Received 133 Likes on 125 Posts

I use a second hand lift which we bought from a garage which bought a new one so that they could get tax money back.It may be worth you looking around unless you definitely what to have a new one.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Good suggestion but I looked for several years in my area and never did find anything that would work. The price of new lifts have fallen so much in the last 10 years that new is now within reach of us home guys.

Post back what you get as there are a LOT of lifts out there!

Old 07-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 705 Posts

I have a Direct Lift

https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-...d-4-post-lift/

I got the taller model not for big vehicles, but rather I use a sling under it for Corvette body lifts.

Also got two of these sliding scissor jacks:

https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-...-4-post-lifts/

These allow me to lift wheels off the ramps and I can do most of the work I could do with a 2-post, plus the convenience of a drive-on.

I bought it ten years ago and absolutely love it. I did this year have to rebuild the hydraulic cylinder ($85 seal kit) but I guess you can't expect everything to last forever without needing some maintenance.