General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

British Parts problem - now resolved

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:37 AM
HNB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post British Parts problem - now resolved

Hi there.

I had allready heard cautious advice about British parts but I let myself tempted by fair prices. In the end, the website states wrong infos, and their service is zero. Here's the full story:

- 5th of August, I order several parts including the tune-up kit (Tune Up Kit - ACC2130 | Jaguar XJ40, Jaguar XJS | Jaguar | British Parts UK) and a nice "sure grip" oil filter that you supposedely screw by hand (Oil Filter - EBC9658R | Jaguar X300 - XJR, Jaguar XJS, Jaguar XJ40 | Jaguar | British Parts UK)

- 12th of august, parts arrive in France but the transporter says I wasn't home, while I was. 14th of august I finally receive the parts after a couple of emails. Some of them aren't labeled, other have different numbers than those I ordered, because they changed the parts with replacement without asking. I'm on to guess and decide for myself which is what.
I havent received that "suregrip" oil filter but a regular one:
I guess I didn't read the small text down the page "original part numbers & images are used for reference purposes only and do not imply..." and wrongly assume that if you put the picture of a "suregrip" filter, you are selling a "suregrip" filter...

Anyway, more problematic is the igniter's cap, which is not the right size:

What they propose me is to send back the whole kit at my own costs to UK.
Since it is out of question for me to pay shipping costs to make up their mistake, follow 30 emails between me and a guy called Oliver, who refuses to admit that the infos on his website is wrong. It is like talking to a wall or to a phone provider's hotline.

- 31st of august, they send me a quote and propose me to buy the correct distributor cap & rotor arm , with a symbolic discount for a total of 4.4£ (without shipping costs). Since I cant get anything else I say okay...

- 4th of september, I receive an answer from another guy called Phil, who sends me another quote, this time with 13£ additional shipping costs. I say that this is a mistake, that I'm arguing about this since one month with Oliver, and that there is no shipping costs. 7th of september Phil answers we have to wait that Oliver comes back from hollidays (WTF!)...

- 30th of september still no news... So I ask again and gets an answer from Oliver the 1st of october, saying

"Dear Harry,
As per my previous email I have added discount to the parts but there
will be shipping cost on the order, please advise if you wish to order
these parts.
Please contact me with your requirements, I look forward to hearing
from you shortly.
Oliver Taylor"

This is insane. For the principle they would deserve a good court with a good lawyer to put them in front of their responsibilities. I won't do that for 20bucks obviously, but I want to let everyone know, make yourself a favor and save yourself the trouble I went trough.

Their descriptions are misleading, and as soon as you've received your order, you're on your own.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 AM
HNB

Epilogue:

I sent a last email yesterday to their customer service, saying I won't ever return as a customer. This morning I got a call from the management, they investigated the problem end recognized it. Replacement parts are sent free of charge.

Don't act.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts

Not good,but a result in the end if they send the right parts.
I however have dealt with both Oliver and Phil and have had positive results.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Gippsland
Not good,but a result in the end if they send the right parts.
I however have dealt with both Oliver and Phil and have had positive results.

Thanks Gippsland.....I too have heard / read many threads of members here with positive contact and experiences of Britishparts. The contact used to be Ken, a member here on this forum and well liked / respected.

HNB - you're a new member here with 2 posts total, both of which are negative towards a well know parts supplier.

Did you join just to slate a parts supplier to as many enthusiasts as possible to mess with their business?
Is it an online was with you against BP?

This is something I will NOT allow JF to be dragged into, period.
From an informative / objective standpoint, I've left it alone , for now but I and the mod team will be watching to see how it develops from here on in.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:25 AM
HNB

Hey. Did you read my 2nd post ? I do them justice and told clearly that they made good on their mistakes. So I'm rather surprised at the kind of agressive tone of your message. You can close the topic, or delete it if you want, as said, problem is solved for me so I dont't care anymore.
Actually, I wanted to change the icon and the title of the topic, but I can't.

Please keep in mind: when I wrote my first message, I was arguing since 2 monthes with Oliver who had been really annoying with me.

So after I stoped talking with Oliver and wrote to the Cusomer service I receive a very nice call from the management, and everyhing is fine, I want to do them jusice on that. It just took 2 monthes.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

As suggested, using the forum to "have a go" at a supplier isn't really on at the best of times, and certainly not from a brand new member with a post count of two.

I will edit the the thread title and then it will be closed.

Topic closed.

The following users liked this post:
Gippsland (10-04-2013)