General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cannot see diagnostics subscription in sd v160

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot see diagnostics subscription in sd v160

Hello all,
Jag F Pace SADCA2AN5KA606461

I cannot seem to be able to choose Diagnostics in the SDD purchase page. For one hour, it is £72.00 but the only subscription available to me is Module Programming. I do not want to buy this only to find it does not do diagnostics.

I want to re-set the steering wheel angle sensor after a new power steering rack was fitted. This comes with a new sensor already fitted, but the garage could not calibrate it. However the iCarsoft Tool v2.0 which I tried to do this with, said it was going to turn the wheel manually for me and do this routine, then said Communication Error. I am worried about this, as both Junction boxes are also not available to be talked to. iCarsoft V2.0 says Link error. Interestingly the steering stopped working the same day an over the air update was done ( OF INTEREST TO ANYONE??)

I am wondering if in fact there is now a network error which affected the steering in the first place, and which is why the garage tried a new rack. This network error is still there, and the issue is still not resolved. Car drives like a pig due to no traction control and all warning lights on.

When using SDD it says I have no valid subscription for Pathfinder/SDD This is correct at the moment, as I do not want to choose the Module Programming option only to find that this does not cover Diagnostics. Does everyone see this connundrum? If the SDD cannot calibrate the steering then there is a network issue and it will have to go in.

I hope I have explained in enough detail. To summarise - Only option in Topix is a programming module subscription. I did also find somewhere in another tab on the right an option for Document downloads for Diagnostics, but this was in Billetins/info updates - but it is only £40 odd which seems a but cheap to me - and I wonder whether this is really what it says, an hour of Document downloads for DIsgnostics and is also not what I need. I tried calling Jaguar and got passed to a halfwit whom I could not understand, do not know what language he was speaking, he said they could call me back but never did.

If anyone has actually managed to select the correct option to buy an hour of Diagnostics with SDD V.160 then please help, thank you.

Last edited by eddie_p; 05-14-2024 at 02:59 AM. Reason: spelling, info on car
Old 05-14-2024, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Probably would help to let us know the year and drive train in your car?
This is kind of a basic requirement?

Pathfinder is the new replacement for SDD so two different things. Your description is confusing so it's not clear which one your using? Depending on the year of your car it "might" only be able to use Pathfinder. Yes the big difference is Pathfinder requires a network connection to Jaguar's servers 100% of the time or nothing works. So you will pay continuously to use this.

Does SDD connect to the car and read the VIN? If so you should be able to proceed using SDD? That's the real test. Now using SDD is not easy or logical. We need to understand how and why the system is setup the way it is? SDD means Symptom Driven Diagnosis. So you can't go in and read the codes. You must proceed with what the problem the car has (The Symptom) and see what is recommended by SDD. It's confusing to me too as all the aftermarket scanners are set up way different and you can open them up and just reads the codes.

SDD not so much. It can and will read the codes but first you need to guide it to the area your having problems with. If you having trouble posting some screen shots might help. If you can't find something be sure and look under the recommendations tab to see what is offered.

It kind of sounds like your trying to use this as a on-line web based version? If so I don't have experience with that. I have and use SDD V163.xxx so pretty much the same as V160.xxx.

The moderators are trying to keep all the SDD/Pathfinder stuff in the current monster threads as it's such a large and confusing subject. If you are interested I would plan on some hours reading and educating yourself. There are a number of ways to install and use SDD. DO NOT let anyone tell you it will work ONLY one way! This is a continuing bit of bad advice I see on this forum regularly!

Also decide if you want to bother with all that's involved with getting, installing and using a fully functional SDD system? It was well worth it to me but it did take many hours of study and computer work. Maybe yours will go quicker?

Here is a simple search on SDD. It returned 330 results.
SDD And How To Use It

Old 05-15-2024, 02:53 AM

Hi the numberplate is 2019 registration,

I bought two packages, SDD 131.v3 which works on vehicles up to 2013 and although it does reset keys and stuff, when you do the Symptoms and drill down, it says no information is available. It therefore sort of works. The other software I was led to believe is SDD V.160 but I would love to confirm this, there is no Help About anywhere to find out the version. I attach an image of the screen taken with a mobile phone.

This newer car is too modern, being 2019. I did try SDD 131.v3 and on autoidentify, it came up with a line of question marks for the VIN like this :- "????????????"

I don't mind paying Jaguar for the time, but the program I am now using opens up with the words SDD on the screen, then you have to press the Triangular play symbol to proceed, it then asks you to login and then says I have no subscription ( which is correct, as I don't want to waste my money on programming when all I want to do is do a scan and then recalibrate the steering sensor.

Are you saying there is a standard SDD that works with 2019 cars which works off line? This is not what I was told by the seller who sold me my software, but I am happy to buy another software if required

Thanks for any more ideas,

Eddie

Old 05-15-2024, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Eddie!

Yes a 2019 F-Pace requires Pathfinder only and you need the right interface cable. What are you using now?
SDD won't work and surprised you got SDD to do anything?
Will V160 read the VIN?

I do have the complete Pathfinder installed and my machine automatically boots and loads Pathfinder. I can also launch SDD thru this interface. But I usually use my hacked SDD and can do anything without being on-line and I have the ability to go on-line and download thousands of calibration files as well.

Here is what I start with after booting and Pathfinder loads up. And no I don't know what most of those icons do either!

With the China city background. I have a separate SDD icon.

No I have never seen a web based version of SDD but thought it "might" exist?

Never used these people but they claim to offer a working Pathfinder and the correct interface cable?
Jaguar Pathfinder/SDD Software and Cables

I don't like that you can't get any prices until you log in so I can't say what this will run you and do note they offer a 12 month and 24 month access option.

Last edited by clubairth1; 05-15-2024 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:48 AM

By the way. I have the genuine Mongoose cable. Is Pathfinder a totally different cable and dongle altogether?

Thanks
Eddie

Old 05-16-2024, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

For your car - yes. Again we have very little knowledge of Pathfinder so not much to go on?
Here are the options;

As you can see your Mongoose is for 2006-2012 and SDD only. This is NOT true as I use that cable on my 2014 XJR. But since everything went to 100% network connections you will need the China VCI or one of the DoIP interfaces. I only have a copy Mangoose (clone) cable.

It is interesting in that the China VCI does not need the Topix cloud? Would this mean no need for a Topix subscription? Maybe?
I don't know what a China VCI costs either?

Well much more than I thought!
About $600 JUST for the VCI!
VCI- OEM and China Clone