General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Code help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2024, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code help

Hi, recently purchased a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace 35t R-Sport. Check engine light has been on. Comes up with 2 codes:

p008a “Manufacturer Control”
p2541 “Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit Low”

I’ve inspected/tightened gas cap, added a bottle of Seafoam and a full tank of premium to hope try the simplest fix first. I erased the codes and immediately returned after driving it once. I don’t notice and performance issues, shaking, rough idle etc.

After combing the internet, it seems to come down to possible fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter.

Most videos online show diesels being worked on so it’s hard to locate these items I need to check. Any feedback on what is most likely the cause and location of where to check would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Bryce
2017 Jaguar F-Pace 35t R-Sport

Old 05-28-2024, 03:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,892 Likes on 3,199 Posts

RedwingsAK, first off, welcome to The Forums. Lots of good information to be found here and tons of people willing to help. So, please, stick around, input what you can and enjoy the site. We do ask that you stop by the New Member section and tell us a quick bit about you and your vehicle. This will help you get to learn who the movers and shakers are around here. Besides, we pride ourselves in being a better car group and this is part of what makes us different from the others.

As for your question, please keep in mind that I drive an XJ and my knowledge of the F-pace is limited. But, in a little bit of research I did, it would appear that your vehicle does not have a fuel filter. All that it really has is a sock on the fuel pick up. So, we can rule out the fuel filter as your problem.

So, this leaves either a fuel pressure sensor or a failing fuel pump. I had a similar problem with my 2012 XJ (5.0L engine) where I was getting a low fuel pressure indication. But, in my case, it was hard as hell to get the engine to start. In my case, the problem ended up being a failed fuel injector. So, you can probably rule that out. But, in the process, I replaced the fuel pressure sender and the high pressure fuel pumps (yes, I had 2). Keep in mind that the high pressure fuel pumps can get up into the 1,000's of PSIG range. So, when loosening the fittings, make sure to bleed off the pressure before just spinning the connections off. I mention this as you most likely do not have a port ot measure the actual fuel pressure to compare it to the sensor output. Odds are, it is a sensor issue and it would also be the quicker and cheaper guess if we are down to 1 of 2 things being bad. This is where I would say to ask this question again over in the F-Pace section of The Forums and see what they said. There you will find people that know this vehicle like the back of their hands and can provide more definitive guidance.

Old 05-28-2024, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the response. Perhaps that is why I couldn’t find the fuel filter location! I’ll give the f-pace section a try and see how that goes. Hopefully it can be just narrowed down to a sensor, being the cheaper of the possible issues.
Thanks again.