General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Custom PIDs for Torque App - oil temp, oil level, trans temp, and more

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Received 174 Likes on 96 Posts

Cambo, great post. I was searching the net looking for info, and came across this post. Tried it for my Jag, but unfortunately no go ( YET!). I have a '97 XK8 ( X100, AJ126 engine). Using a Scantool MX OBDII adapter with Torque. I can get Torque to connect and provide some data, have been able to upload your additional PID's from above, and can create dash's with the new gauges. Unfortunately, cannot get any data. Tried using your Configuration under the Very Advanced setting of the vehicle profile (atsp6\natsh7e0 ), but with that set cannot connect to the ECM (Torque errors out). Do I need this configuration, or something like it?

Not sure if the Advanced setting is correct for the earlier year Jag, or if I'm just doing something dumb. Any help you can provide would be great. Trying primarily to get Gearbox temp to help with fluid change plus ongoing monitoring of the trans temps. Tried both 221e69 and 221e71 for the trans temp( with Header 7e1), but no joy.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:45 AM
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Zuniga
yes like current voltage or level, charge etc
like all cars have a a readout for that and im suprised thst jag wouldn't have one

amd how would you check volts on the car? 2012 xf portfolio?
or did you mean on torque pro?

ty
Your OBD2 adapter can report the +12v level at the OBD2 socket. This will be ~12V when the ignition is off and ~14.5V when the engine's running and the alternator is working correctly. This is probably a decent equivalent to a battery gauge in an old car (I've not seen a car with a battery gauge for years!). I'm not sure what else you want to get from the car about your battery?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo

If you have a 2010-onward Jag or Land Rover with the electronic oil level sensor, and are using Torque Pro App on Android, one of the members of our group has reverse engineered some useful PIDs so you can now see measurements on Torque of Engine Oil Level, Engine Oil Temperature, Transmission Fluid Temperature, E-Diff Fluid Temperature, and more.

Attached PDF file outlines the process for adding the custom PIDs to Torque Pro, you will need to download a .csv file, there is a link in the document to download the file.

This information/instruction is provided for free! Hope some people might find it helpful.
Cambo, just saw this and loaded into my TorquePRO with no issue, thanks very much for putting this together. Very cool for sure.

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Is the .cvs file just a formatted Excel spreadsheet that adds data to the App? I sort of expected something else.
Don't know that anyone answered this, but CSV (comma separated values) file type is commonly used in the the IT/Database world to import/export data. It is not a formatted Excel file but a universal simple file type that strips all unnecessary format data (fonts/formulas) out of a file and saves it as a "common denominator" text with comma delimiters that can be used by any application. If you look at the File/Save As options in Excel you will see CSV as an option, same for any database type program like Access or Sequel, list goes on. Being in the technology and data world I have been using this for 25 years in dealing with client data migration and CSV file types make life incredibly easy for moving data in a simple format from one application to another. I haven't seen a program yet that can't import or export a CSV file! No surprise that Torque uses it also.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (07-18-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts
Old 08-10-2024, 09:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thanks

An old thread but thanks got TorquePro working on AndroidAuto in my 2011 XKR

Old 08-10-2024, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

I like that a lot!
I am still running TP on my old Android tablet when I need it.

It's a shame that Jaguar did not give us a set of digital gauges as it was certainly doable!
We should have got a code reader built into the car too as that is also possible.

Old 08-10-2024, 11:33 AM
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, it would have been so easy for them to build that in to the dash!

Anyway, don't know if this is any use to anyone but if you have an OBDLink product, and you tell the app you have a 2011 Ford Mondeo it will talk to the other modules in a Jag of the era and pull back and clear non-engine related codes. I used it this morning to clear an adaptive cruise control fault on my 2011 XFR.