General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Do it myself?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do it myself?

What is everyone using to track service work? I want a product that is not an app.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum jagfrupls,

I've tried several tracker apps but eventually settled on a simple spreadsheet solution.

This is the routine service one I use based on the Jaguar Scheduled Service list. It has a tab for each 10K Mile/12 Month service.

Do it myself?-maintenance.jpg

(click on the image to enlarge it)

I use a separate one for recording information on Tyres & Brakes:

Do it myself?-tyres-brakes.jpg

These are printed off and go with the vehicle when it is sold. Never fails to impress buyers who can see exactly what has been done throughout the car history.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 192 Likes on 164 Posts

I use Automotive Wolf by Lone Wolf Software. You can try it for 30 days.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Oil Change Brain, I use it to track all my service for my car and bike. I found it online.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

I use a 3-ring binder with ample loose-leaf pages and an ink pen....I have never lost any data yet.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,009 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum jagfrupls,

I've tried several tracker apps but eventually settled on a simple spreadsheet solution.

This is the routine service one I use based on the Jaguar Scheduled Service list. It has a tab for each 10K Mile/12 Month service.

Attachment 62463

I use a separate one for recording information on Tyres & Brakes:

Attachment 62464

These are printed off and go with the vehicle when it is sold. Never fails to impress buyers who can see exactly what has been done throughout the car history.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Very impressive Graham and a great idea...

I have ALL paperwork for my car since new, at present only in paper folders and sub divided by year....

Name:  AudiA6history_zps9857c1cc.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  288.0 KB

These cover ANYTHING done to or bought for the car including ALL service & warranty work, receipts for new alloys, tyres, mid term oil changes, filters for air & pollen done by myself over and above when not included in the schedule too.

These combined with my excel spreadsheets detailing times / dates / names and locations of ANY service warranty work carried out as well as an easily accesible Fuelly account outlining mileage, miles per gallon achieved and running costs etc, show a thorough background to the car.

Every MOT and tax disc is also available for checks if required.

It'll either impressive the living daylights out of any otential buyer or scare them off.....lol

Personally, I'd love to buy a 2nd hand car from someone like me, but there isn't too many as thorough unfortunately