General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ECU Main Harness Connector Repair (Red Lever)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 08:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default ECU Main Harness Connector Repair (Red Lever)

Didn't find much out there on this, so I figured I would do a quick post.

When removing the main engine harness from the ECU (the larger of the two that are connected with red levers), I broke the geared plastic piece with the red lever. The pics below tell the story.

After some searching, I found that this plastic lever assembly/connector is replaceable and it can be repaired. Link below.

However, getting the new lever assembly on the connector is not as straight forward as it may seem. Ultimately, the new lever assembly needs to be "shoe-horned" into place using a small flat-head screwdriver, and it does not go in easily. The rear of the assembly (the side with the two small flanges opposite the direction of the lever swivel) goes in first, with the two flanges fitting into the corresponding grooves on the connector. Then, with the rear of the assembly in place and the lever in the "up" position, the front of the assembly gets "shoe-horned" into place. Finally, there is a hole in the collar that the cable runs against after exiting the connector, and I assume that is to use a zip-tie to hold the cable against the collar and further hold the lever in place.

I have included some photos below of how it all mates together, but the best thing to do is study the non-broken cable to see how it mates together.

Hope this helps.

Broken lever assembly...

Repaired lever assembly...

This photo shows the rear flanges in place as well as the zip tie around the collar

As of the date of this posting repair part can be purchased here:
AMP MCON Series Connector Part No 1452862-1 AMP MCON Series Connector Part No 1452862-1