General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jag Techs on site...POBOYBLUES, please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Jag Techs on site...POBOYBLUES, please read

OK, I don't know this squatter Poboyblues from Adam. Word is he is a Jaguar Dealer Tech, and laughs at guys like me who still read wiring schematics from a JTIS disc.

Well, Mr. Po sounds like a pretty knowledgeable and honest guy to me. That makes him a rare commodity around here, and most of the Jaguar service professionals who participate in this Forum are here today, gone tomorrow. Alot of that is because people give them crap for no good reason, pester them with private messages like they owe all of you something, and never get thanked for the free advice...advice which saves all of you alot of time and money, advice that guys like us can only give after working hard and smart for years to learn the stuff that nobody gave us on a silver platter.

So you should all appreciate his contributions, and those of anybody else on here who knows their crap. I come to this Forum looking for guys like him too, 'cause I'm outside the loop and try to learn as much as I can about later model cars that haven't made it out of warranty and into my shop yet. I don't pump them for information, I read their contributions and learn.

RealTech is gone, I invited him here when I read his stuff on another Forum. BRUTAL, FactoryJagTech, ibjags, gone, gone, gone. jag_genius only shows up now when he has something to sell...I don't blame him one bit, I'm real close to that point for all of the stated reasons.

Po, like I said before, I hope you can develop a style that allows you to continue your efforts here without feeling like it's a waste of time. When you find the answer, please let me know.

The only thing that will **** me off any more is reading a bunch of platitudes from the few people who have already shown their appreciation...you guys know who you are, and I thank you for the thank you's. I thank you even more if you have thrown a little business my way, and you already know that too. I didn't write this to get my *** kissed, and I don't write stuff on this Forum to show everybody how smart I am. I come here to learn, to help others learn, and if I get a little biz on the side then great.

I don't know why Poboyblues is here, but I don't think he's here for the wrong reasons either. What say we treat the guy like we want to keep him around for a while?

Old 08-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  19.3 KB

JTO...pretty much on the ball I'd say with most of your comments, although I truly believe that the hardcore members really do appreciate your efforts as well as some of the techs who no longer appear for whatever reason.

You've certainly put your time in JTO and hopefully you'll be around for some time to come

As for poboyblues...I've read some of his posts and he looks like a really knowledgable and helpful tech too. We can only hope that he enjoys the forum and is made welcome by the majority of the members here and is appreciated too.

Thanks for all the help / assistance that you guys provide on behalf of ALL the members here.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Love ya', man. Now go to her room.

And I'm glad you bumped this, so hopefully Po will catch it when he tunes in tonight.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  19.3 KB

Love you too man

I've checked in with poboyblues and offered him the Tech Badge which he's accepted....thats now sorted

Hopefully he'll find a home here as you've done......Loadsa respect to you guys from everyone here

As I said to poboyblues.....If at any time you guys, or any other Tech gets hassled by any member in the form of constant pm's or any other form of grief....please let me know.

You guys are a valuable resource on this forum and it won't be tolerated.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM

You can flash your headlights at me all you want...I'd still rather see hers.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW! Andy! Jim! I don't know what to say! I really appreciate the compliments. Andy, I know I said I would grab my beer and head over here last night, and I arrived safely, and cruised around in my drunken stooper, but I didn't see this post! I must have been in la la land. I WAS in la la land, which is my "at rest" state of mind. Apologies go out to you. If I read this earlier, of course, I'd of responded appropiately.

Thanks again, guys. I'll stick around and like I said play it each day and see what unfolds. I'd like to think I'll be here for awhile. I generally am a helpful guy, and I like to share info as well. I'll weed out the non hackers, and sponges for sure.....I do that all day anyway! Let the party begin!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM

Oh, yeah, Andy?

Now who's the kiss ***?

Maybe we should hug?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Yo Po,

Glad you caught it, Bro.

I ain't coming to hug you, but you can remind me (and everyone else) what part of the country you are in?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Oh, Andy. That's asking alot! Check your PM!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sincere thanks

Dang, I debated on whether to reply to this thread because I knew it would it bump it back to the top, but decided that maybe after all these months it needed to be repeated that we members REALLY APPRECIATE your participation. I know as a new member, with limited DYI experience, but who loves cars, you techs are on the top of my list for saint hood for trying to help us out. And, yes, your help is contibuting to this Jaguar rookies positive exprience with Jags.... which I hope, and you do to, will lead to more Jags, building on a bond that started here.

I'm stoked with the Jag expericence...two weeks into a 4.2 S-type, that has problems, but I love it anyway...why didn't I go with the R? Don't have a clue, it is by fate that I am here today, but everyone's help, is like overflowing positive carma (yes I spelled it car on purpose). Thanks a million. Cheers!

Cheers??? I've seen Cheers closing numerous postings. To me Cheers is a toast of drinks, but like I said, I'm new here. BTW someone, please help me... is it Jag-wire, or Jag-u-ar. Is it Porsch, or Pors-cha? These questions could only come from a Detroit Ironhead. I'm learing.

THANKS TECHS

Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Well I know Andy(JTO) seldom comes around anymore, and and hasnt been on since jan2011, POboy hasnt been here since jan 2010. im still here for now, but do get pissed when I bashed over the head by obvious engineers on here for not knowing EVERYTHING. If you notice I dont have an Avatar or sig pics anymore its cause I have a foot out the door and we'll see what the future holds here shortly I spend too much time here helping others and TRY to only speak of things I know as factual, but am occassioanlly proven wrong, and when I loose money by being here answering questions and Pm's helping others instead of working to put money in my pocket. It gets that easy to want to close up shop and self ban myself

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 194 Likes on 161 Posts

Honestly, I didn't realize this was a problem here? But then, I have old Jag's with the same problems that have been hashed out over the years and can find most of my answers with a simple search.
Back when I turned wrenches for a living I was always getting called by friends, family and strangers to come fix their cars. (Oh wait...you expect to get PAID?...this is a favor isn't it??) It was very annoying.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,932 Likes on 7,182 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
Well I know Andy(JTO) seldom comes around anymore, and and hasnt been on since jan2011, POboy hasnt been here since jan 2010. im still here for now, but do get pissed when I bashed over the head by obvious engineers on here for not knowing EVERYTHING. If you notice I dont have an Avatar or sig pics anymore its cause I have a foot out the door and we'll see what the future holds here shortly I spend too much time here helping others and TRY to only speak of things I know as factual, but am occassioanlly proven wrong, and when I loose money by being here answering questions and Pm's helping others instead of working to put money in my pocket. It gets that easy to want to close up shop and self ban myself

*Very* occasionally proven wrong, I'd say.

I know I speak for many in saying you'd be missed if you left. Take a break for a few days and you'll feel better. Sometimes the internet forum stuff can be a real time and patience sponge. I know because I've been on umpteen forums for umpteen years.

Hey, you have more "Thanks yous" than most anyone here....so there are plenty of people who appreciate your help.

Don't let the *******s getcha down, as the saying goes :-)

Cheers
DD

Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

I love you Brutal.
All kidding aside you have definitly save tons of members here tons of money. I appreciate everything you do for the boards and the knowledge you bring to it. Hell the screw method alone if you had not told people about would of made people have to spend thousands. Hope you stick around for the long haul. I just starting going to school to become an engineer so I hope that doesn't mean you are going to hate me. LOL.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

+1
Obviously there are MUCH more fellow enthusiasts that appreciate your contributions here than not, though it's disappointing you don't know everything, well you can be like some others then ;-).

It takes time and concentration to answer questions/problems via a web interface, at least for me if I want to do it right, and it is of great value that you and others who work daily on our cars take this time and support fellow enthusiasts. Kudos to you!

Old 05-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Brutal, you're one of the assets of this whole forums . Forums would not be same w/o your presence , we always appreciate your taking time and replying posts and try to help them solve their problems .

Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,359 Posts

thanks
Its nots so much that Im proven wrong wrong at times, we all are, just when im bashed over the head withit by someone that obviously doesnt what what theyre talking about in most other areas pertaining to Jags. i try to give grace to others when theyre wrong myself and even gave this opportunity to both gracefully bow out, but that just seem to be enough and now I mistakenly posted behind him again only to get jumped on again and not even a statement to him but in general comment

Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $$$$$$$

Brutal, I'll pay for someone like YOU to work on my Jag NO PROBLEM !!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RegentV12
Brutal, you're one of the assets of this whole forums . Forums would not be same w/o your presence , we always appreciate your taking time and replying posts and try to help them solve their problems .
That is so true.

Brutal, you have helped me on more than one occasion, and hopefully one day i will be able to pay it back.

I work in Technical Support for automotive electronics, i am on the phone all day long helping people with wirig issues. so i know the feeling (its a very thankless job i might add)

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,860 Posts

Brutal,

You inherently know how the long-time contributing members here feel about you and your willingness to share your expertise whenever your time constraints allow. Why spend even one second thinking about what the ******** and know-it-alls here stupidly choose to throw at you? Life's too short for that, man. Let it roll right off your back and don't allow it to change your line of thinking for one iota. You always have been and always will be appreciated and highly valued for your knowledge and willingness to share your expertise by those who have been around long enough to know your intentions. Keep that in mind, relax, take a break, and don't worry about it. We know you always have the best intentions even in the very few instances where you may not get it right. Everyone makes mistakes, but no one deserves to get pounded when they are simply trying to help as you always do....

Thanks again for everything you do here. You have saved countless members many, many thousands of dollars, and we truly appreciate it....

The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (07-12-2011)

Quick Reply: Jag Techs on site...POBOYBLUES, please read