General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jag Techs on site...POBOYBLUES, please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Influential Forum Members

The last few posts have spoken about how great the forum has been by allowing them access to knowledge and solutions that have saved them thousands. They sound like very happy and satisfied Jaguar owners. And I'll bet that they talk about their cars all the time. Their neighbors, friends, coworkers, etc probably have all heard about their Jags and, if they hear positive accounts, they may consider a Jag for themselves. That ought to be the goal of all dealer service techs, to get more Jags on the road, to sell more. Don't think the techs have an influence on sales? Just imagine those within the sphere of influence of forum members who speak poorly of their Jags. That won't sell any Jags.

So, I would propose that participation by Dealer Techs on the forum actually contributes to the service dollars by getting more Jags on the road. How many of those Jag owners on here on the forum? A thousand? That is nothing compared to the tens of thousands of Jags on the road. But, the ownes that are here on the forum are here because they like talking about their Jag and that makes them very influential among those who hear them.

I further propose that Jaguar should ENCOURAGE dealer techs, maybe even hire dedicated tech(s) to participate in the forum in an attempt to make the ownership experience as positive as possible knowing that the influentional forum members are going to spread the word...and that sells Jags, and those additional sales will need service, and dealer techs will benefit.

The following users liked this post:
Brutal (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Xcellr8, I couldnt agree with you more. And I do come here to change or at least improve peoples perceptions of dealers and Jags. I love to help and I do learn alot of stuff that I also use at work to save customers money and keep more owners at the dealer level of experiance than non Jag non experianced shops. It keeps money and customers coming to see me and i work hard to give a level of service to MY customers that many here say they only get at independants where they can go in the shop and or talk to the tech/owner. I have our dealer also using some aftermarket kits parts like the upper shock XJ8 kits from motorcars to save money to the customer and keep there Jaguar at a better level of maintence. Just the saving I pass to customer by fixing their headlights saves them $1000's. Yes we dont sell the new part. But you can't put a $$ on the trust you just built into that relationship with that customer. And I do know of many customers that have kept their Jags longer, fixed more issues and then bought new Jags from us and their friends and neighbors.
I do spend too much "work" time here which does take money out of my pocket when busy, other times Im here on lunch or break to parooze(sp) the forum and answer PM's and posts

Old 05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,932 Likes on 7,182 Posts

There's an old saying in the dealership world:

"Sales department sells you your first car. Service department sells all the rest."

Some dealers understand this. Others don't.

Cheers
DD

Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Brutal, you are one of the most valued assets that this forum possesses. You have evidently saved both members, and Internet Google surfers, much heartache, and I would guess tens of thousands of dollars.

Aside from your technical expertise, your dry wit always gives me a chuckle.

If you feel that something is not quite right and that we may have missed a problem, let us know, PM, Email, Report Post, Skype call, or even send me a letter.

Very sadly you are too far away for me to pop round for a beer on your deck, I only wish I could and I know that Jim would be round like a shot.

Rest assured that not only the Mod team, but thousands of members respect you and your knowledge, and give daily thanks for having you around.

You are and have been a great friend to many.

Please stick around.

All the very best,
Rich

Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Rich, im at school in Atlanta in "engine school" refreshing on the older v8 and v6 engines. But also learning about and taking apart the new 5.0. And that is an awsome engine and engineering really go it right on that engine. Especially the SC 5.0. specially coated rotors, TVS hi twist blower etc..... Blower, coolers, bypass valve and all inlet ducting in a single unit to eleminate vac/boost leak issues etc...Our team finished early again so we're back to our hotel. And im enjoying a few Michelobes

Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Man I wish I was with you. What a privilege that would be for me.

Still, I can raise a virtual glass in real time, (or is that a real glass in virtual time) I get confused!!!!

So here's to you, (large JB in hand) have at em, friend.

(now then, how do I program my remote, the VCR is acting up?)

Rich

Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Brutal: Thank you so much for your expertise--and ability to troubleshoot things without having to go through JTIS flowcharts. There's no substitute for experience.

Now, if that damned ABS light would go out, I'd be much more satisfied with my car.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  19.3 KB

Brutal.....All I can say again is +1 on ALL of the above and ohh so much more!

Unfortunately, there's little left to say as all who have posted before me have said it all. I'm sorry I have only just been made aware of thsi post and how you feel Bill.....

Its such a shame because 95% or more of the regular, die hard members here, as well as most of the newbies just think you're awesome...a legend even the way you help people out.

As stated many many times before Bill, you have a problem with anyone here, let me know and I'll deal with it, end of!
You're the longest serving Jagtech here and have helped so many......I, along with many others hope you decide to stay

Simply put....We love ya man

Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Has anyone heard from JagTechOhio? He was great asset to the site..

Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Ikon
Has anyone heard from JagTechOhio? He was great asset to the site..
He hasn't visited since the end of December, hopefully he's just taking a break!