General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jaguar Antifreeze

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Well it's up to you but it's really boils down to do you like Coke in cans or bottles?
Same thing different package.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coke & Pepsi tasted better in glass bottles. Last time I had a 16oz glass bottle of Pepsi was out of a vending machine in August '88, near Otway, North Carolina.

Response from Jaguar...
"This product was provided to JLR by Vendor A who purchased it from Vendor B. JLR decided to remove Vendor A from the supply chain and therefore Vendor B now supply both Jaguar and Land Rover antifreeze products. Therefore, this will explain why the different bottles and label from that previously purchased. If your new products were obtained from a JLR retailer then they can demonstrate their receipt of JLM209722 from JLR UK."

Looks like I posted the first ever pictures of the Jaguar black bottle stuff, since all the parts suppliers I checked... and image searches I did... still show the white bottle.

I'm just on the cautious side. Not saying Terry's Jaguar Parts is sneaky, but nowadays I could see someone cleaning out a bottle, filling it with any low priced orange coolant, printing & sticking a Jag label on it.

I became cautious over the past decade after buying brand name parts from Rockauto that were subpar. Brake rotors & drums often an issue. Brand name rotors that weren't finished being machined. Drums that were out of specs. There was a set of drums that were so out of round, it was phenomenal. In each instance, they refunded me without me returning the part. I found that peculiar. I'd find myself grinding Brake pad ears down just to get them to fit in the caliper plates. I didn't know if they were selling me blems or knockoffs. So, I use Rockauto as a last resort, and avoid Amazon altogether.

Terry's Jag has been in business 45 years. I assume it's a reputable place, but this is twice I bought coolant from there, and received it in packaging I didn't see anyplace else on the net. I have to wonder why Terry's Jag seems to get the new packaging before any other parts suppliers in the entire world.

My biggest loss was when the parts guy I knew at the local Jag dealer left. I used to get brake fluid and coolant at a reduced price. The Ford parts manager I used to work with retired. He used to knock 30% off the price. Which was better than nothing. When I worked there, some parts were marked up by as much as 650%. One time, they put a $10 Autozone-bought petcock in an older Lincoln's radiator, and charged the customer $59.99 for it. It's good to know the parts guy at your local dealership.

For those interested...
https://greekreporter.com/2021/09/03...rts-narcotics/

https://www.jackyyong.com/wp/genuine...g-life-coolant

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/201...it-auto-parts/

Last edited by 1357; 11-26-2021 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:08 PM
Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Well you're still mixing brands just as much as if you mixed it with dex cool. The jag antifreeze in that bottle isn't the same brand as the Jag antifreeze in your radiator. I'd bet on it. They may have changed who they pay to put their name on a bottle of antifreeze based on cost. That could've changed numerous times over the years.
No different than say Harley oil. It's made by Citgo. 10 years from now that could could change and not be the exact same oil even tho both would say Harley Davidson oil.
Jag doesn't make antifreeze.