General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jaguar CEO Information, Enough is Enough

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Mdm
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar CEO Information, Enough is Enough

Hi All,

Could someone give me the contact details for the person who can actually make decisions within Jaguar, preferably in the HQ of UK?

My 2009 Jaguar XF is literally falling apart. My problems are as follows;
  • Black Smoke from Exhaust at any rev
  • Dashboard Vinyl bubbling
  • Passenger Window Rolls up and Down by itself
  • Sun Visor's on both Driver and Passenger snapped off
  • Car frantically flinkers it's lights on and off at night when car is OFF/LOCKED
Pictures here; Photo Album - Imgur

I took it to Jaguar Middle East today and they've given me the complete run around. They're charging me over 300$ just to "diagnose" the car, it's a complete joke. Further to that, they refused to give me a courtesy car. I would expect that out of some of the cheaper car brands, but when a luxury company refusing to help their customers? I couldn't believe it.

Anyways, I've attached pictures. I'm not really looking for anything other than the contact details of someone at Jaguar who can help me on this instead of nodding their heads and saying it's my fault and my responsibility when clearly it isn't. I accepted the fact that my rim was bent from curbing it, that's my problem however when the entire car is falling apart due to build quality and it's reliability is compromised at 60,000KM (37,000MILES)... I don't think that's my responsibility.

In conclusion, could somebody please give me the contact details of upper management so I can sort this mess out.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in wrong subtopic.

Regards,

Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Sorry to know you're having such niggling problems with your XF. Here in England there are thousands of these cars running around and they continue to sell well, and are very well liked by their owners.

Could you give us more information on when you bought the car, was it 2009 new or secondhand. When you first had the car, was it under Jaguar warranty, and has it been serviced at the intervals in the Owner Handbook ? Dealer wanting $300 to look the car over indicates to me the warranty has run out. DId you buy from a Jaguar main agent, or privately ?

As regards the black exhaust smoke, is the car diesel of petrol ?

Most of the faults mentioned have been seen already, and would ordinarily be fixed under warranty. Frankly, I have to say your description of it as "falling apart" is rather off the mark, although clearly these faults should have been fixed by the selling dealer as soon as they occurred, and don't help the reputation of the car or Jaguar.

- The bubbling and peeling on the dash can occur in very hot climates and has been seen on USA XFs bit not UK ones, as we get so little sunshine, (and would like a bit more !!).

- Visors snapped off is a new one on me, sounds like a manufacturing problem, or abuse before you got the car, (if you bought secondhand), or during delivery.

- Lights flickering on/off at night when car is shut down is something I am getting currently on my X350, and as it is the same lights switch, I am coming to the conclusion I have a duff switch, Note that my experience so far, is that this only occurs if the switch is at the 'automatic' position.

- The window raising and lowering on its own sounds like another switch problem. Is the button working properly, no sticking in the action at all ?

- black smoke needs attention, I would expect there to be fault codes related to this.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Fraser puts things quite clearly.

I can't give you the CEO's address, but we do have a Representative from UK customer service on the forum.

Read this thread. Jaguar CRC UK.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Mdm

Dear Fraser,

I will answer your questions below;

Could you give us more information on when you bought the car, was it 2009 new or secondhand. When you first had the car, was it under Jaguar warranty, and has it been serviced at the intervals in the Owner Handbook ? Dealer wanting $300 to look the car over indicates to me the warranty has run out. DId you buy from a Jaguar main agent, or privately ?
The car was 2nd hand but bought at 20,000KM (12,000MILES) from an English guy who used it as on occasional driver. It sat in a ventilated, covered parking and was cared for like a new born baby all the time. It was serviced regularly and not a single fault found under the old ownership.

As regards the black exhaust smoke, is the car diesel of petrol ?
Petrol. I believe the issue is a faulty O2 sensor.

- The bubbling and peeling on the dash can occur in very hot climates and has been seen on USA XFs bit not UK ones, as we get so little sunshine, (and would like a bit more !!).
I live in Dubai, UAE where temperatures exceed 45C on a regular basis. I'm sure that this is the reason for the dash problems however I have both a 2006 Mazda3 and a 2007 Mitsubishi Pajero (Shogun for you UK folks) and neither of them have this issue.

- Visors snapped off is a new one on me, sounds like a manufacturing problem, or abuse before you got the car, (if you bought secondhand), or during delivery.
I think that the plastic they used for this was cheap and thus the reason for the problems. The plastic should not be brittle enough to break off and crack the way it did.

- Lights flickering on/off at night when car is shut down is something I am getting currently on my X350, and as it is the same lights switch, I am coming to the conclusion I have a duff switch, Note that my experience so far, is that this only occurs if the switch is at the 'automatic' position.
Mine only occurs when the car is left in auto mode when turned off. It's more of a hassle than anything else but as of late, the car is in OFF mode on the lights to prevent this.

- The window raising and lowering on its own sounds like another switch problem. Is the button working properly, no sticking in the action at all ?
Button is fine. If you were to put your finger at the top of the glass and hit the window up, when it hits your finger and goes back down, that's exactly what mine does.

My intention of posting on here was not to receive trouble shooting on my car, although I know what most of the issues are and how to fix them, I honestly believe that this is Jaguars problem. As I said before, it's 2009 with 60,000KM, it's basically brand new and although it's just outside the regular warranty (I extended along with service contract) they are refusing their obligations to that and therefore I want to contact upper management in the UK to find a solution.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdm
My intention of posting on here was not to receive trouble shooting on my car, although I know what most of the issues are and how to fix them, I honestly believe that this is Jaguars problem. As I said before, it's 2009 with 60,000KM, it's basically brand new and although it's just outside the regular warranty (I extended along with service contract) they are refusing their obligations to that and therefore I want to contact upper management in the UK to find a solution.

Thanks for your help!
your car nearly 4 years old and been in heat of over 45c and you moaning about minimal problems that can be ealy sorted.

Also if you walk into a dealers over here with the attitude of its all there fault and thay should bend over and sort any prob you have. there going to treat you as you treat them.

How do you know your car was cared for well bfor you had it people lie when selling cars (fact) most people do it. and things like survice stamps and recipts can be faked very easly. its also not very hard to clock a car with a digi dash had you thought of that.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Mdm

Fix It -

Thanks for your reply, allow me to answer as follows;

your car nearly 4 years old and been in heat of over 45c and you moaning about minimal problems that can be ealy sorted.
Yes, the weather here in the Middle East is unforgiving but how come none of my other vehicles face similar problems? As I said above, I have a Mazda3 and a Mitsubishi, both 4 years older than my Jaguar yet no issues with the build quality. This really isn't a minimal problem, the entire vinyl on the dashboard is uprooting itself. The guy at Jaguar said this was a "big job."

Also if you walk into a dealers over here with the attitude of its all there fault and thay should bend over and sort any prob you have. there going to treat you as you treat them.
Originally I am from England and I've never had this issue there before. Generally customer service and satisfaction is a big deal.

Let me pose a question to you, let's say during the winter, your 2009 Jaguar's heater broke. You've barely used said heater and it's just broken by itself. Is that really your fault? That Jaguar's heater isn't up to standard? I don't think so. It's obviously a design fault and therefore should be treated as such by the company and I feel there is a certain obligation to fix that.

How do you know your car was cared for well bfor you had it people lie when selling cars (fact) most people do it. and things like survice stamps and recipts can be faked very easly. its also not very hard to clock a car with a digi dash had you thought of that.
Previous owner is a family friend, I can assure you there is no "dodgy" behavior going on with the car.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdm
Could someone give me the contact details for the person who can actually make decisions within Jaguar, preferably in the HQ of UK? ,
If you feel you have a justifiable complaint about Jaguar Middle East, you should in the first instance contact:

Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre
PO Box 29165 Dubai
United Arab Emirates

Tel: +971 800 JAGUAR
Fax: +9714 3188931
Email: customercare@jaguar-crc.com

If this fails to resolve the issue then the CEO of Jaguar Land Rover is:

Dr Ralf Speth
CEO Jaguar Land Rover UK

Jaguar Cars Limited
Registered Office
Abbey Road
Whitley
Coventry CV3 4LF
United Kingdom

ralf.speth@jaguarlandrover.com

You have replied to others posting here that you are not seeking to troubleshoot issues but only wish to contact senior management in the UK to find a solution.

You now have that information.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Mdm (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Mdm

Thanks GGG, That's all I wanted.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member

Dear MdM

I hope you get your issues sorted out. I am puzzled that the dealer you went to in the UAE has not fixed things under the warranty you got extended. As regards the dash peeling, I agree this is unacceptable, and is a design issue, which may have been sorted out now, not that that helps you. You need a new dash top putting in. Black smoke from your exhaust with a petrol car means the car is running very rich, so needs fixing asap, there should be a fault display and code for this.

Thanks for confirming the flickering lights when the lights switch is on auto. If a replacement switch cures it, can you let us all know, as I suspect this is a common fault, one which I have at the moment. WIth switches costing nearly £100 here in the UK, I am having to wait till next year before I try to fix this problem.

Final question - did your friend buy the car from the dealer you have been to ?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Mdm

Dear Fraser,

Yes the car was bought from the same place as the service/warranty is issued.

I received an update from Jaguar in UAE saying that they are going to apply for a "Good Will" warranty replacement on the dashboard.

The sunvisors will cost me approx 500-700$ to fix as an entire replacement needs to be ordered and it's simply not fixable. I had requested that be added to the Good Will.

The black smoke was not visible to the diagnostics team and they checked but there are no fault codes.

As it stands right now, I am awaiting Jaguar UK's approval on the above for fixing even though really it should be done free of charge anyways. I once again requested a courtesy car and I was told, "Your car is still driveable, you can come pick it up." I told them that I will not pick it up until the car has been fixed. Therefore, their reasoning is that I can still drive the car in its current state so they shouldn't have to give me a courtesy car. I asked them how long it would take to fix, they said approx 8 days and a courtesy car would not be given then either. Logically if I come and pick the car up to use it, how are they going to fix it? Are they going to fix it in my drive way or while im at work? Of course not, it's silly and stupid logic.

I've already decided that once I fix this car, I will be selling it and buying an AUDI. I've never been this mis-treated in my entire life and without sounding over dramatic, it's disgraceful. You buy a 80,000$ car and they turn their backs on you? I've gotten better service from Mazda dealerships before. It's just plain wrong. I'm holding out on emailing the CEO and upper management depending on the good will request but either way, once this cluster f*** is over, I'll be getting rid of it. Love the car, hate the way this situation was handled.

In the grand scheme of things, this is really quiet trivial, but what if the engine explodes or something more drastic happens, then what? I'm SoL? That's not cool.

Anyways, I'll keep everyone updated.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

Seems to me the words "customer service", and "goodwill" are absent from this particular dealership. Maybe it is the culture in the country you are living, I don't know, but it is unacceptable. Jaguar do need to assess their dealerships everywhere to make sure they adhere to what Jaguar expect of them.

Hope your Audi gives good service.