General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jaguar Work Shop Manuals on PDF

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 03:08 PM
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Jaguar Work Shop Manuals on PDF

I have a great many repair manuals for Jaguars in hard copy as well as a large selection of these on PDF. Such as all 9 Volumes of the Jaguar XJS 3.6, I think its the 1983 edition but I also have updates up to 1994, 1975 editions of the XJ-S V12 and updates up 1982. Plus parts catalogues. Not been through all of them yet as I have been collecting for years and forgot I had them, but currently looking at the full factory 1989 edition of the XJ40 repair manual and that looks like 12 volumes.

Would these be any use to any of the people on the forum? I have down loaded similar on other models within the Jaguar range from this forum so I know its possible. These are large files so not sure how it could be done, but thought best to see if I was allowed before worrying about that.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:04 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cornishcat
I have a great many repair manuals for Jaguars in hard copy as well as a large selection of these on PDF. Such as all 9 Volumes of the Jaguar XJS 3.6, I think its the 1983 edition but I also have updates up to 1994, 1975 editions of the XJ-S V12 and updates up 1982. Plus parts catalogues. Not been through all of them yet as I have been collecting for years and forgot I had them, but currently looking at the full factory 1989 edition of the XJ40 repair manual and that looks like 12 volumes.

Would these be any use to any of the people on the forum? I have down loaded similar on other models within the Jaguar range from this forum so I know its possible. These are large files so not sure how it could be done, but thought best to see if I was allowed before worrying about that.
Due to copyright concerns, they likely cannot be published in their entirety. However, using them as a reference to help other members is probably a different matter. In other words, we cannot host them in complete form.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by IB JT
Due to copyright concerns, they likely cannot be published in their entirety. However, using them as a reference to help other members is probably a different matter. In other words, we cannot host them in complete form.
Fully Understood, many thanks for clearing this up. Interesting serendipity to this outcome:- I need to rename most of these PDFs for easy identification, If I am only allowed to display some of the information for reference, then why not break each manual up into its section? What I mean is lets say like me you have a X350 and download the manual for that, some 2000 pages long, and like me, you have the 2.7tdv6 and want to repair the egr valve- PDFs are very easy to search using key words, but in this case EGR is used 1800 times. If I just extracted each section as its own document it would make finding the information you need much easier. Ok more links to provide but smaller files, faster downloads and faster reference, plus you wont have to print off the entire thing if like me you would rather read off paper rather than a screen, you can also rest a bacon sandwich on a paper print out, your laptop wont forgive you for doing that.

I have been reached out to via PM by another respected member of this forum, I will actively work on this over the weekend and hopefully will be able something available for reference for the new year

If there is manual that any one out there is looking for and cant quite wait for me to sort this out, then please get in touch with your model and year. Cars covered are XJ6 series 1, 2 and 3, XJ40, X300, X308, X350, E TYPE, XJS XK8 XKR and also XType and ford mondeo.
The rest are hard copy, and will have to be scanned in, I think a pocket money exercise for the kids maybe???

Old 12-23-2022, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for the 1992-1996 XJS 4.0 V6 manual and I am exactly looking to repair the EGR valve, ha! Can't figure out how to PM but I added you as a friend. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-23-2022, 11:57 AM

I have this, I was planning to upload all the XJS first, its by Christmas Project as the heating in the workshop is poor. I will update every one in VERY early 2023 with the first available uploads. Another member has asked for the very same Manual so will look to see if there is an easy format to use for email.

Old 01-05-2023, 03:55 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

I've moved this thread from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre to General Tech Help as the former is NOT for technical matters.

Graham

Old 01-05-2023, 08:43 AM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,592 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by haganblount
I'm looking for the 1992-1996 XJS 4.0 V6 manual and I am exactly looking to repair the EGR valve, ha! Can't figure out how to PM but I added you as a friend. Thanks for the help.
Repair, or replace EGR? EGR is not repairable, at best you can clean it. Get a wire brush and some solvent. Many people swear by using gasoline.

I have never successfully cleaned an EGR to where it lasted very long. Once it starts to fail, I just replace it. Make sure you get one with a new gasket, they don't usually get sold together for some strange reason.