General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

JNA Warranty help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2020 | 07:38 PM
|
Default JNA Warranty help

I've posted this on the X250 forum, but my issue is general in nature. Maybe a broader scope may be best

I need a contact for either a brake Engineer or Warranty Rep at Jaguar North America.

I own a 2015 XF AWD Portfolio purchased in 10/2017 as a CPO with 14k miles, currently 46k.

My wife and I were driving from Michigan to Scottsdale. A couple weeks before departing, the rear brake pad sensor triggered a fault. I took it to a local dealer and they stated that in addition to the rear pads & worn sensor, the outboard CV boot was torn on the front passenger side. When I received the estimate, the dealer included easy maintenance items in addition to pads/rotors all around, brake fluid and coolant flush and new half shaft - over $5100. I respectfully declined.
I bought Brembo pads for all 4 corners with a replacement pad sensor from Rock Auto and had my local repair shop do the work. They said the rotors were fine, as was the CV joint. I bought a new boot, dealer sourced only.
New brakes, CV boot, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+(s), wheel alignment and an oil change - ready for our road trip.

We got as far as Branson, MO and I started to sense some grinding when turning full lock, left. We drove on for another 80 miles when I realized the right front wheel bearing was letting go. The closest dealer was Tulsa, so I called ahead to get the parts FedExed and flatbedded the car 145 miles to Tulsa.

I wound up with a new upright (bearings were integral for my VIN), both front rotors (since the passenger side was scored from the caliper and dealers are required to replace both) and a new halfshaft since the heat had basically welded the hub in place, an issue not known until disassembly

Jaguar Tulsa did a great job, but the brake rotors and CV boot coverage are being denied by Jaguar North America, both which were clearly destroyed once the wheel bearing let go. The only contact the dealer & I have is the Roadside Assistance group who claim any rubber part & rotors are wear items, hence not covered. I asked for a document itemizing specific coverage, denied since it's internal to JLR?!?

Hopefully, somebody out there can help resolve this.

Old 03-07-2020 | 01:31 AM
Veteran Member

I think any search engine will find you numbers to call... didn't that work?

Old 03-07-2020 | 07:20 AM

201-818-8500

Old 03-07-2020 | 07:31 AM
guy
Veteran Member

I’m not understanding your concern. I can’t be the only one. Wear items ‘wear’. And you opted to not use Jaguar servicing at the onset.
A Jaguar servicing department most probably would have discovered pending issues during the repair.

And many an independent shop would turn rotors or state they are ok, when they are clearly worn and need replacement.

Good Luck.

Old 03-07-2020 | 10:15 AM
|

Originally Posted by guy
I’m not understanding your concern. I can’t be the only one. Wear items ‘wear’. And you opted to not use Jaguar servicing at the onset.
A Jaguar servicing department most probably would have discovered pending issues during the repair.

And many an independent shop would turn rotors or state they are ok, when they are clearly worn and need replacement.

Good Luck.
I would agree with you except for the fact that the initial dealer did an extensive diagnosis which didn't include replacing the bearing/upright issue - in other words diagnosing the root cause. Also, the Tulsa dealer saw no reason to replace the rear rotors (as the initial dealer), nor the Brembo brake pads, which did require redressing.
Had I continued to drive the car, seizing the bearing, shearing the upright at freeway speeds, would JNA have the same response?!?

Old 03-07-2020 | 10:33 AM
guy
Veteran Member

Sorry, missed that. Good Luck!

Old 03-08-2020 | 09:41 AM
Vee
Veteran Member

Sometimes if you request help via Twitter, you can get to people you don't normally get to access.