General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jump Start, Electronics fault.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Start, Electronics fault.

I ran the battery down and had to jumpstart my 2006 Jaguar S type. Now the warning Parkbrake is faulty and two lights have lit up on my dashboard. Any ideas to turn it off?

Old 06-06-2014, 01:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts
Default Battery basics

Hi Razzle and welcome to the forum;
My first suggestion is to jump over to the New Members' section and introduce yourself, tell us a bit about your car, and read some good tips on getting the best value from your forum participation.

Second suggestion is to open User CP menu and click on <edit signature> and insert your car details ... so that each of your future posts gives permanent pertinent info without you needing to repeat it each time.

Thirdly; jump over to the Australia/NZ section and say hello there. You will be surprised to find yourself surrounded by some knowledgeable Kiwis in both islands (and some very beoootiful Jags) ... we aussies across the ditch are often a far rowdier bunch, but we don't bite ... can't; got no teeth!

Fourthly; your question would be better presented in the S-Type section, where the specifics of the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) are better known by owners of your model and year. Remember, not all Jag models of your car's era had the EPB, so questions in this more generic section are less likely to produce specific help.

Finally; and to the heart of your question ... your problem is less likely to be the jump start (although I hate the practice, and won't let one near my cars) ... it's more likely to be that you allowed the battery to go flat for an extended period. Use the Search tool on this forum using expression <EPB recalibration> or <EPB reset> or consult Owners Manual or JTIS (Workshop Manuals) for explanation and recalibration procedure.

Depending on your car's features, there could be further resets required, but that's plenty to be going on with for now. Please advise progress or PM (Private Message) me if you prefer. Oh ... and one postscript ... Congratulations on a stunning choice of car! Short of the S1 E-Type (my bias is showing), the final years of the S-Type have produced a genuine classic. Well done, that man ... or woman ... as the case may be.

Best wishes Razzle,
Ken

Last edited by cat_as_trophy; 06-06-2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: mind full of neutrals