General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Key Code request NA

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 09:05 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Key Code request NA

Anyone have any luck either requesting a key code directly from Jaguar NA, or with a locksmith requesting one?
If you did, How?
I am only finding a PDF request form on TOPIX to email and dealership says they can't request a key code.

long story on how but flat battery and no physical key.

Old 06-11-2024, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,337 Likes on 1,838 Posts

It would help to fill in the details about why you have no keys? This is not normal? Your car or something purchased at auction?

When I have had to deal with Jaguar replacing or cutting keys I had to bring my title down to the dealership before they would do ANYTHING with keys. After that they were able to get the code and cut my Tibbe keys. So different model of car and yours maybe different?

I have never had much luck with lock smiths and Jaguar keys either. That's why I was forced to learn how to do my own keys.

Old 06-11-2024, 09:22 AM

originally dealer said they could request it and then would provide once I showed proof of ownership. Due to work travel it was a few days before I could get access to my title and other proof of ownership documents for them. When I called the dealership back next person said "we cant request that from Jaguar" Called another dealership and got the same exact answer. They referred me to a locksmith they use in this scenario.

Locksmith was able to get the key code, but were unsure if the request process would work at first as it had failed for JLR in the past.
I am going today to have the keys cut so will see if it works.

I am not sure why the background of how this came to happen matters @clubairth1 but if you want to know. I purchased the car through Auction and was in process of finding a locksmith to create an additional blank and FOB as the dealership said it would be 6-8 weeks and close to 1k USD for one fob and 1 emergency key.

I was rear ended by a truck and I am guessing it did something to the BMS as I parked it and went to open it the next day to get it to a body shop and the car was dead. This accelerated the timeline of finding a source for an emergency key as it can't even be towed at this point.

Old 06-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,337 Likes on 1,838 Posts

Do you know how to put the car in neutral for towing? There is a bypass? I know how to do it on my XJ but you have an F-Type so probably different?
It should tell you in the owners manual? Do you have a copy of that?

The reason I wanted to know why no keys is exactly what you posted? When a problem car is sent to auction it's usually because they could not repair it. We have seen this over and over and I am sure the car has additional problems buried inside.

Any chance you have a working SDD? Your car is in the year range where I "think" you will be required to use Pathfinder instead?

I guess the dealers are even more picky now as they were not real helpful when I did this several years ago.

Old 06-11-2024, 12:28 PM

There is a bypass for neutral in the center console, and I have used any many times while rebuilding it
I have a working copy of SSD, but you are overcomplicating it
The battery went dead with the car locked. I couldn't unlock it without the emergency key in order to charge it.
Locksmith was able to get the keycode from JLR and I now have a working emergency key and battery is on charge.

Here is what it took
from JLRPARTSMTO<jlrpartsmto@jaguarlandrover.com>

I don't believe there is an automatic option for requesting these key codes. If the NASTF member submits that key code form to this email address, we can request the code from JLR directly. I hope this helps.
Locksmith did that, then I provided blank keys from amazon as they didn't have any on hand. They cut them and I was able to unlock the car.

Dealer said they were flat out unable to do it at all.

Last edited by Zen Beer; 06-11-2024 at 12:37 PM.