General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

mangoose pro on 2015 jag xe

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mangoose pro on 2015 jag xe

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this topic has been covered already somewhere. I have just received a mongoose pro (its a clone) for use with JLR sdd v160. It connects to my Jag XE 2015 reads the vin but comes up with red X's in the CH-HSCAN buss for ATCM PAM PSCM SASM the other modules on this buss show amber ?'s (other faults show up with DTC's for example I had a brake light out which I fixed before getting this device and that fault was logged) other than that the car itself runs fine with no problems and no warning lights or messages. Has anyone managed to run this version of the mongoose pro (SP205-c) on a Jaguar XE 2015 It is supposed to support jaguars up to 2017. I have also tried it on my X Type 2005, on this car it cannot read the vin but when it is entered manually it starts OK but again shows XCAN_HS problems see photo I presume these are similar HS adapters to the CH-HSCAN that shows up on my XE . I am guessing but to me it appears the mongoose is faulty,
I am reluctant to get another in case it is the same. Any feedback would be welcome

XE ERRORS

SAME XE ERRORS DIFFERENT SCREEN

X TYPE ERRORS

Old 09-19-2021, 03:04 PM

Did you get this issue resolved? I have a similar issue with my 2017 XE and is seems to throw up errors on my dash related to these modules. The errors clear down after I disconnect the device and leave the car turned off for about 5 mins.

Seems like it throws up comms issue with these modules on the bus.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,851 Posts

I don't know how deep you want to get into SDD but the different Mangoose clone cables SHOULD be constructed differently depending on the car brand.

All those cables on the above list are Drew Tech. Mongoose Pro cables. The real ones. So you can imagine that with getting this copied in china a few differences might sneak in.
My suspicion since yours is the HS CAN bus error that it's the cable. It for sure should work on a 2015 and 2017 model Jaguar.

This is a monster thread on SDD. Take it a bit at a time!
SDD Info Thread

Is your battery indicator green in SDD?

That is another common problem. What is the car voltage and how are you maintaining it?

Old 09-20-2021, 07:55 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,887 Likes on 3,194 Posts

pschalal, SDD may not be the program that you want/need. I say this because SDD is supposed to support up to only 2016 MY cars. After that, Jaguar switched over to the Pathfinder system. That covers all cars from 2001-2021. That might be part of your issue.

Now, as Dell stated, our cars are very picky about that battery voltage and having a yellow battery indicator can lead to issues. You can try running a battery charger on the car as you are using the computer to access and that will normally help you get good readings, but at the same time, the battery charger is limited to 10 amps max (unless you have a special high power charger which are few and far between) and the cars can pull upwards of 30 amps for various tests. This will cause the battery voltage to drop and potentially give erroneous readings. This is where getting a 30 amp (minimum) external power source to put your car on while using the computer is a necessity.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:57 AM

Gave up with Mangoose Pro after supplier admitted it did not work completely. You need a pass thru that supports multi can. sent back but supplier said they had not received it
Mangoose pro does not work with Jaguar XE

Old 09-20-2021, 03:38 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,887 Likes on 3,194 Posts

Dave, what I think you are after is a cable that is referred to as a "VCI OBD interface". It will look like the mongoose cable, but, it will be different internal and that should allow you to do everything that you want.

Last edited by Thermo; 09-20-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:32 AM

Thanks Thermo. I had done some searching before and found that some people said that device didn't work. However I will look again. If it supports multi can it should be ok. The problem arose with new models around 2015 when Jaguar changed over to Pathfinder from Mongoose as their pass through cable to interface with SDD Diagnostics. So I guess any new model from that date not just my XE would not work correctly with Mangoose which is a clone of the Mongoose. The genuine Mongoose MAY work ok. My problem is the cost of the genuine mongoose or pathfinder as I only wanted one for my own use which, hopefully, will only be a couple of times while I own the car hence the cost of the genuine one is not justifiable.