General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

MOST issue - Audio Amplifier Module Problem - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you were right, it is a bad wire between the central junction box and the amp.

I double checked the voltage at the connector and was still getting ~.7V, so I made a quick jumper from the 12V power to the sat radio to the connector on the amp, fired it up and everything works as normal. Crazy to think a 2012 truck has a bad interior wire on it. I won't have time to trace the bad wire in the vehicle for a while, but this should work out fine. With it like this, both are running off the sat radio fuse, but I can't imagine both the sat radio and amp would use anywhere near 5A.

Thank you again for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

rich

The following users liked this post:
Cambo (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted!

Old 04-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF

Hi Rich and other members.
I have a Jaguar XF and having the same problem, bypassed the amp via fibre loop, the screen is showing only a logo and no audio. The amplifier is not powering, tried to test via a volt meter but nothing comes up. Tried looking at the fuse but do not know which one it is.

Could you share with much details possible how you can power directly the amplifier if possible with photos. If possible email me on kp2418@live.com.

Thanks

Regards,
Krith

Old 04-28-2018, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For fuse identification, check your owners manual and the fuse box lid.

I don't have any pics of what I did, but I simply spliced into the the 12V power to the sat radio and then used that to power the amp turn-on instead.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Angry Amplifier aw/ew 19c164

MOST issue - Audio Amplifier Module Problem - RESOLVED-bj3219c164.jpgMOST issue - Audio Amplifier Module Problem - RESOLVED-ew93.jpgHello!
I have an amplifier ew 19c164 for Jaguar and I want WHAT IS GREEN CONNECTOR. Someone have a real foto with wiring description? I tried to find on forums for 4 weeks but nothing!!!
Thanks

Old 06-04-2019, 09:18 PM

hi cambo, plz i want to know first: if jaguar/landrover amps can be installed separately in other cars brand like audi/vw,
secondly: if range rover evoque autoradio can be placed in another car who is not land rover/jaguar, in another way if range rover autoradio work without the calculator unit.
thnks in advance.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by caravagio16
hi cambo, plz i want to know first: if jaguar/landrover amps can be installed separately in other cars brand like audi/vw,
Well actually there is a little black box which will work as a MOST master and run these amplifiers.
https://avinusa.com/most-fiber-optic...reelander.html
I used these on a couple of amps, and they work, but not very well to be honest, a bit of background noise/hiss, and the tone & level between the speakers (esp the sub) was a bit out of whack. And you only have stereo input.
But this is one way to run the MOST amps without the original head unit attached.

secondly: if range rover evoque autoradio can be placed in another car who is not land rover/jaguar, in another way if range rover autoradio work without the calculator unit.
Not a hope of making that work. In the Evoque the touchscreen is the "master" of the MOST network, and it needs to get the Car Configuration File data over MS-CAN from the other modules in the car, so it knows what car it's in, and what features it has.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:18 PM

hi my friend, thnx for answering quickly, what i understand from ur answer about the 1st part of my question is that the only problem with installing land rover/jaguar amps separately in other audio systems is the transition between the fiber wiring and the std one, if what i understand is true plz confirm me that there is no need to a connection between amp and CAN?

Concerning the 2nd part, my question is if we need only music function and we want to let down the other functions like car state information or navigation …etc, in another way if evoque autoradio loose connection with CAN did the music function keep working ? personally I tried it with different vw/audi cars, when theirs autoradios loose connection with CAN all functions who need CAN informations becomes grey but the music keep working. Did the same work with evoque autoradio?

Old 06-09-2019, 06:58 PM

Plz answer my friend i'm waiting !!!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 PM

hi my friend, thnx for answering quickly, what i understand from ur answer about the 1st part of my question is that the only problem with installing land rover/jaguar amps separately in other audio systems is the transition between the fiber wiring and the std one, if what i understand is true plz confirm me that there is no need to a connection between amp and CAN?
If you use the adaptor box that I posted the link to before, the amp will run, no CAN needed, the Avin box works as a master to control the amplifier.

Concerning the 2nd part, my question is if we need only music function and we want to let down the other functions like car state information or navigation …etc, in another way if evoque autoradio loose connection with CAN did the music function keep working ? personally I tried it with different vw/audi cars, when theirs autoradios loose connection with CAN all functions who need CAN informations becomes grey but the music keep working. Did the same work with evoque autoradio?
The touchscreen will not turn on or power up without CAN messages from the Gateway module in the car. The radio does not function without being connected to a functional touchscreen. So forget it, it will not work, find another solution.

Please stop messaging me.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:28 PM

I need the guy in New Jersey am reading all this stuff and have no clue about fiber optics and such .I was hoping maybe it was just a blown fuse for the amplifier. Anyway the touchscreen works just no sound. I live in Cape May NJ if anyone knows where I can take car to have the stereo fixed please let me know can't stand the silence.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:54 AM

i'm not messaging you , i was thinking that u didn't see my replies bcz u were occuped to answer many people or something like that, that's why i sent u a lot of times to attract ur attention , however i'm thanking u anthor time for ur help, u r here to share u knowledge my friend so share it and we will be grateful for this !

i have two other questions if u allow:

- u said in ur previous replies that u upgraded the old amps like mid8/high12 (600w) to the newest logic 7 (1200w), but i find yesterday a landrover logic 7 amp dated: 28/02/2007 with the following infos on his tech sheet: PREMIUM 1 AUD 4L / XQK500105 H02/S0420 CKARA MADE IN GERMANY harman/kardon LOGIC 7,

so plz clarify me if i'm looking for a 1200w amp wich one should i take: the premium16(with yellow colour)...the premium16(with red colour)... this old logic7 that i found??? a new logic 7 ???

- two, when u will recommand me the right model can u send me his wiring diagram, (if u had it of corse).

last thing can u plz delete the phrase: " stop messaging me" from ur reply bcz it would be a waste after your precious help,

thnkx again and allow me to speak to u like a friend. thnkx.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:15 PM

Don't answer me plz.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by valentin12
Attachment 214405Attachment 214406Hello!
I have an amplifier ew 19c164 for Jaguar and I want WHAT IS GREEN CONNECTOR. Someone have a real foto with wiring description? I tried to find on forums for 4 weeks but nothing!!!
Thanks
the green connector supplies 12V and GND for the logic side of amplifier.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo
The -AG version is the "same" as -AF, just an update of some sort. Will also be compatible, just plug & play.

If you wanted to go a bit further here, it's also possible to upgrade from the 11-speaker 600W Harmon Kardon system to the 17-speaker 1200W Harmon Kardon Logic7 Surround system. I've done this on a few Disco4 / LR4 now.

If you need to buy a replacment amp anyhow, then why not get a Logic7 version and go for an upgrade...

The Logic7 amp is CH32-19C164-BC or CH32-19C164-BD.

You need the additional speakers, which are available as complete d-pillar trims, plus the center speaker that goes in the dashboard. There is some wiring missing however I have made up some "retrofit harness" to solve that problem.

Attachment 146725

Attachment 146726

However you do need some software changes to enable the Surround functions, where are you located? I might know someone nearby who could do it. Or if you have a Nanocom or IID, it's possible to do the software changes with those.

You can also just fit the Logic7 amplifier in place of the non-surround one, it should work the same without any programming, have seen this on several other cars that have been upgraded, as an interim fix.

I've been trying to do just that on my Discovery 4 - 2013. I have the MID HK and would really like to upgrade to Logic 7.
I've purchased and installed the dash speaker. That was easy - cables already there. Then I went ahead and purchased a Logic 7 amp, but when I went ahead to try to install it, I realised I didn't have the right model. I need the CH32-19C164 BC, and I got a LR3 version, with different plugs. So back to searching ebay for the right one. But once I have that installed, I guess the problem remains with the d-pillar speakers, and how to connect them. I assume the cables are not there as they were with the central one.. Any assistance would be more than appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 11-19-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Misha Pg
I've been trying to do just that on my Discovery 4 - 2013. I have the MID HK and would really like to upgrade to Logic 7.
I've purchased and installed the dash speaker. That was easy - cables already there. Then I went ahead and purchased a Logic 7 amp, but when I went ahead to try to install it, I realised I didn't have the right model. I need the CH32-19C164 BC, and I got a LR3 version, with different plugs. So back to searching ebay for the right one. But once I have that installed, I guess the problem remains with the d-pillar speakers, and how to connect them. I assume the cables are not there as they were with the central one.. Any assistance would be more than appreciated.

Thank you!
what is the part number of the AAM that you bought?

Old 11-19-2020, 01:14 PM

I got the 8H42-19C164-BB

Old 11-19-2020, 01:17 PM

Sold as "Land Rover Discovery 4 Harman / Kardon Logic 7 Amplifier 8H42-19C164-BB", but I guess it is an older version for LR4

Old 11-19-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Misha Pg
Sold as "Land Rover Discovery 4 Harman / Kardon Logic 7 Amplifier 8H42-19C164-BB", but I guess it is an older version for LR4
they are all made by H/K in terms of hardware. From part number, it is for a 2008 model but premium audio. Do you have a photo of connectors on back of AAM?

Old 11-19-2020, 01:43 PM

Sure. The first is from the one in my car - the "HI" version, and the second is the purchased one.

from my car

the purchased Logic7 older model

Quick Reply: MOST issue - Audio Amplifier Module Problem - RESOLVED