General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

mp3 file incompatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mp3 file incompatibility

I have a new F-type coupe and have sent email to Jaguar on this subject but have not received any response so I decided to post this (I also posted it in the F-type section). Prior to a recent trip, I copied one of my music memory sticks with mp3 music. Understand that these sticks work in my other vehicles along with portable mp3 players, etc. I quickly found that a number of my songs would not play; exhibiting a "file or folder not available" error. I spent a couple of days investigating the mp3 issues. After attempting new downloads and new purchases of some of these songs, and reading other blog sites referencing this problem, it was clear that there is an issue with the Jaguar audio mp3 system. Examining the files that work vs. files that don’t, it appears to be an issue with the bitrate format. I found that any song I had that used a bitrate exceeding 256k would not play, or be recognized. As an experiment, I used a bitrate converter program and modified these song files and resaved them with a bitrate of 250k, and with a bit mode of “average”. This has resolved my problems and all of the songs now play correctly. I can't promise this is the correct solution but it did resolve my issues.