General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Phone issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone issue

Hi all, I’ve recently bought an X Type 2.0 estate and have tried pairing my phone to it, but the previous owner has not disconnected his phone from it. So I can’t get past the SIG to search for my phone. Is there a way of clearing this?

Old 01-21-2020, 02:16 AM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums Tom,

Is your X-Type definitely Jaguar Bluetooth equipped? All the cars have the phone buttons but only a very small number of new buyers took the BT option because it was so expensive. Also there's a limited range of current phones that will fully connect with early Jaguar Bluetooth.

The Jaguar Bluetooth Connectivity Centre used to list all the ealier Jaguar models but I see that the X-Type has disappeared from the list:
Vehicles - Jaguar
You may still be able to use it by entering your VIN.

When the ignition is switched ON, the system is looking for the last Paired phone and if it does not find it the system will revert to the Handset in Use screen. To Pair a different phone, select Phone Mode and use the keypad to enter the following digit sequence ##3#*#. Press the green Send/End icon to initiate the Pairing process again and to overwrite the previously Paired phone.

At the Discover Me screen the vehicle system is waiting for communication with a Bluetooth equipped telephone. Check that your mobile phone is set to the Jaguar Bluetooth system, using the menu functions on the phone. Refer to the handbook that was supplied with your specific mobile phone. When Jaguar device is found on the mobile phone display, the phone will prompt you to enter the pass key (1313) on the mobile phone keypad.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
tomthejoiner (01-21-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’ve only gone and done it!

Hi Graham
after looking at a few other people’s posts and your own I’ve managed to clear the old phone and log mine on. I turned the key to Mark two pressed the phone icon and repeatedly presses clear 20 times, then entered the clear code you gave me, then pressed the phone answer icon and the SIG**** came up on the screen, opened my blue tooth which found hands free clicked on that which then changed to Jaguar.
many thanks, I’m sure this will just be my start on the question answer forum 🤔👍🏻