General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Pieceofwork

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pieceofwork

I have purchased a pair of 20 11–18 way – jaguar buckets. I am installing them in my old hot rod. I have located the wires that I need for the buttons that I want to use. I have power to all of them. When I activate them, they move about 1/2 inch and stop I redo it. They move another 1/2 inch and stop. I cannot get a continuous motion out of them. Can you help me out? Piece of work

These are photos of my driver seat. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Pieceofwork; 02-24-2024 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:54 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,883 Likes on 3,191 Posts

PIece of Work, if you can tell me the model of car that these came from, I can look at some diagrams and see if you are missing a wire somewhere. I am assuming you are saying that you have seats from a 2011 car that are 18 way. Would you happen to know if they are memory seats or just 18 way seats.

Old 02-24-2024, 08:02 AM
Default Old hotroder

This is a picture of the bottom of my seat. I hope this helps. Piece of work.

Here is a picture of the controls.
Originally Posted by Thermo
PIece of Work, if you can tell me the model of car that these came from, I can look at some diagrams and see if you are missing a wire somewhere. I am assuming you are saying that you have seats from a 2011 car that are 18 way. Would you happen to know if they are memory seats or just 18 way seats.

Old 02-26-2024, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
Originally Posted by Pieceofwork

This is a picture of the bottom of my seat. I hope this helps. Piece of work.

Here is a picture of the controls.
I was told that the seats were a 2011 to 2015 jaguar XJL.

Old 02-26-2024, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,337 Likes on 1,838 Posts

We have seen this before?
How good are you with electronics? Because your in for a big job.
You can't just hook up power and ground like the old days. These seats are from a completely networked car and those seats have there own control module and software.

When the seat is "inching" it's in failure mode as nothing is connected correctly and the seat does not know what to do when the buttons are pushed. Can you do things like "spoof" a network? You basically will need to hack the software to get them to work like they did in the XJ.

Is it possible? Well anything is possible. We did have a guy that wanted to use these fancy seats in a gaming console PC in his house but he ran into the same problems you are. I was following his project but never saw that he got past the inching part? If he did that would be a great help to your project!

The following users liked this post:
Pieceofwork (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=clubairth1;2725279]We have seen this before?
How good are you with electronics? Because your in for a big job.
You can't just hook up power and ground like the old days. These seats are from a completely networked car and those seats have there own control module and software.

When the seat is "inching" it's in failure mode as nothing is connected correctly and the seat does not know what to do when the buttons are pushed. Can you do things like "spoof" a network? You basically will need to hack the software to get them to work like they did in the XJ.

Is it possible? Well anything is possible. We did have a guy that wanted to use these fancy seats in a gaming console PC in his house but he ran into the same problems you are. I was following his project but never saw that he got past the inching part? If he did that would be a great help to your project!
.[/QUOTE I was hoping there was a way around the programming of the seat. All I am wanting is for it to go back-and-forth and the back to go back-and-forth. I do not know how to spoof net work.]

Old 02-27-2024, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,337 Likes on 1,838 Posts

I wish I could find the thread about the PC gaming chair as it's exactly what your trying to do. I hope he see's this and posts back?

One suggestion (but it did sound like a TON of work) was to cut all the harness's apart and figure out how to directly wire the seat motors to 12 VDC with the switches sitting in-between (If that makes sense?). The seats are complicated so lot's of wires too. I don't know if that will work or not?

Old 02-28-2024, 05:59 AM

When I first joined up to forums I received a post from a person that goes by thermo. He was talking about this gaming chair. Also if you could send me a wire diagram of these chair motors that would be great. Most have 4 wires on them and I don’t know what is + and what is - I’ll send some pictures of my chair they are from a 2011-2015 xjl. That’s what I was told.

My seat.

I.D. On seat

Old 02-28-2024, 11:03 PM
Veteran member

PIeceofwork, now that I know they are most likely from a 11-15 XJL, I cna give you some more specific information. Let me look at my references and see what I can find for you. Wiring up a series of switches to manually do the motors should not be that bad other than a lot of soldering to make all the functions work inside a project box.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:29 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to your reply

Old 02-29-2024, 04:49 AM
Veteran member

piece of work, to make the seat work, you need to find the following wires (these are coming off of the plugs that plug into the modules for the seat:

Main driver's seat module (WE93-14D600-AB) power wires for +12V
-Yellow with red stripe wire (D/6 location)
-Brown with red stripe wire (D-12 location)
-Blue with red stripe wire (D14) This wire may need to have itself extended to reach back to the switch panel on the side of the seat (pin A/8 at the switches)
-

Ground wires:
-black wire (D/8 location)
-black wire (D/10 location)

To make the side switches work, you need to ensure you have wires connecting the following points:
-gray wire from A/2 at the switches to B/8 at the driver's module
-black wire from A/12 at the switches to D/11 at the driver's module. This wire will also need to be tied to ground

What is above should get you most of the seat functionality.

To make the side bolstering to work, you need to connect the following wires:
12 V source:
-blue wire with a red stripe from D14 on the driver's module to the switch pack A/8 and then to power.

Ground:
-Black wire to module D8
-Black wire to module D/10. Of note, this wire should spider under the seat to multiple locations (all wires being black). So, this may have more than 1 wire you need to connect.
-Black wire to switch A/12 (this wire also runs to seat module D11, again, may be 1 or 2 wires you have to connect depending on how they cut things)

I am not including the heating portion as this becomes a major addition due to power demands and ensuring that proper safety features are maintained so you do not burn yourself.

See if this helps you get the seat working without having to resort to manual wiring.

The following users liked this post:
sklimii (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 12:05 PM

Thanks Thermo for that update. I have located some of those wires but others I’m not sure which ones they are. Could you possibly send me a wiring schematic of that seat? That would probably help me out immensely. Thanks again.

Old 02-29-2024, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

Piece of work, PM me your e-mail address and I will send you the wiring diagrams I have for the XJ. You can then match up what you have. Part of what is confusing me is you are calling it a 18+ function seat. a 2012 XJ does not have a 18+ function seat as an option. So, I am assuming you are meaning a 12 function seat with lumbar feature, bolster feature, etc, getting you up to the 18+ features.

Old 03-01-2024, 07:11 AM

My email is daverahn54@gmail.com.

This is my seat.

And a closer picture of the sticker on the bottom of the seat
I am also sending a couple of pictures.

Old 03-01-2024, 09:07 AM
Default Seats

Originally Posted by Pieceofwork
My email is daverahn54@gmail.com.

This is my seat.

And a closer picture of the sticker on the bottom of the seat
I am also sending a couple of pictures.
I have sent email and pictures of seat.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

E-mail sent with the diagrams you need. Any questions, ask away.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:48 AM
Default Seats

I’m sorry but I don’t see anything. No diagrams at all.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

Check your e-mail, not your private messages here. Check your gmail account. I sent it there.