General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Replacement head unit for 2006 S Type V8 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement head unit for 2006 S Type V8 Sport

Has anyone bought and fitted one?

On the face of it this looks ideal but the website is chaotic, buying options unfathomable and it's a lot of money to throw at something I'll have no hope of returning. I want Bluetooth, Android auto and to retain full function of all the other systems running off the factory head unit like ventilation &c.. Any forum members who can recommend this or some other alternative that will look like it's supposed to be there rather than just forced to fit into place please help 👍

Old 07-21-2023, 03:04 AM
Default Buying from AliExpress

Just an update to the post. I did some research on the seller and suspect many will already know that they aren't as dodgy as they look. For those who don't, like need, here's an article with pros, cons and advice for shipping with them. I feel somewhat reassured having read it.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

You need to first tell us what you currently have? If you have the factory navigation your in for a big job.
Now if you don't have factory navigation your options are much wider and simpler.

The following users liked this post:
Andy S (07-22-2023)
Old 07-22-2023, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
You need to first tell us what you currently have? If you have the factory navigation your in for a big job.
Now if you don't have factory navigation your options are much wider and simpler.
Yes the factory Nav is fitted as are seat heater buttons and a single disc CD but I think that's probably standard for 2006.

Old 07-24-2023, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member

Was navigation standard for 2006? I had a 2005 and Navigation was still an option at that time.
After the 2005 R model Jaguar knew it was stopping production and they did what Ford (Since they were owned by Ford at that time) usually did in those situations. They started de-contenting the car or making it cheaper.

They dropped the expensive Brembo brakes which supposedly saved hundreds of dollars per car. They did add VVT but we heard that was for emissions even though power did go up by 10 to an even 400HP. The option list was slimmed down so reduced number of variations to build.

Since you have navigation it will take an integrated front end. These are old cars now so you will need to search to see what is still out there. In the past it was not easy to find anything.

Your right to be concerned about AliExpress/Alibaba but I have to say I added a large Android screen to my current Jaguar a 2014 XJR. It was around a $1000. Everything went fine and they answered questions too. Even though there still was a HUGE language barrier we eventually got our points across to each other! Been working for the last 3 years with no problems.

The following users liked this post:
Andy S (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 02:43 AM
Default Maybe not standard

Apart from a sunroof the original owner seems to have ticked every option box possible
Factory fitted bodykit, deleted all badges, perforated leather, carbon dash, navigation, 6 disc autochanger, xenon headlamps, heated windscreen, heated and 8/6 way adjustable seats, radar adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors. I had a top of the line 2018 Mazda CX5 with less toys then my 17 year old Jag!

Anyways the deed has been done, money changed hands and I'll know in 2 or 3 weeks time if the audio upgrade is going to be plug and play as advertised or pass me the voltmeter and pray!

Old 07-26-2023, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member

Post what you got as we all love to see new shiny stuff!