General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

S-type 01

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 11:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default S-type 01

Any suggestions ?

Old 07-16-2018, 02:21 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by JaguarJacks
Any suggestions ?
YES - I have three.

1. technical posts about a specific model should be in the relevant model forum
2. read my reply to your Intro and you will find a link to the S-Type forum
3. without describing "the problem", the "research" and "possible reasons" are meaningless.

For the best advice on powertrain problems, describe the issue and post the actual error codes, not descriptions.

Graham

Old 11-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
YES - I have three.

1. technical posts about a specific model should be in the relevant model forum
2. read my reply to your Intro and you will find a link to the S-Type forum
3. without describing "the problem", the "research" and "possible reasons" are meaningless.

For the best advice on powertrain problems, describe the issue and post the actual error codes, not descriptions.

Graham
Hello Graham hey u seem to know general what your talking about I've read your post so maybe you can help.I just recently received my brother's car that's been in impound for 4 years to the feds and was my brothers and they just now released it my brother is it has to have a new engine in his 2000 Jaguar s type 3.0 l he also has the new suspension new transmission about 10 grand worth of receipts and parts of the vehicle the cops have ripped out his automatic floor gear shifter and that cause it not to be able to go into gear so that was an issue so then it set for about another year and I'm just now getting around to it I replace the battery and I got the floor gear shifter box right now but I put the battery in I haven't replaced the automatic gear shifter box yet but I have power to the whole car but the car will no no start no crank where should I start my troubleshooting at because I don't want to mess this up or spend a ton of money on stuff that I don't need to anything you can help me or any direction you can point me would be great. Also my brother said that the keys or just like they were cut from a locksmith and program to his car and only one of them works to start the car and I didn't know if the key if it's not reading the key the car if it would do a no crank no start could you just help me out a little thanks

Old 11-20-2018, 01:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,531 Likes on 3,941 Posts

You won't be loved for multi-posting!!
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-3-0-a-210868/

Please DO NOT do it.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:05 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by JagV8
You won't be loved for multi-posting!!
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-3-0-a-210868/

Please DO NOT do it.
He wasn't - duplicate deleted.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
JagV8 (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 03:15 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Craig Wieber
Hello Graham hey u seem to know general what your talking about I've read your post so maybe you can help......
Welcome to the forum Craig,

I've removed your duplicate post from this thread and responded to your Intro which also covers this issue.

You should post all technical questions about your S-Type in the model forum ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ed-v8-x200-15/ ) and, as JagV8 wrote, do NOT multiple post. For the best help, KEEP QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NON-START ISSUE IN A SINGLE THREAD there.

Resolving the issue when you can't know exactly what has been done to the vehicle to break the transmission shift won't be simple but you have begun in the right way with a new battery and getting power to the vehicle. The next step is the determine if it's the security system or the gearshift interlock preventing cranking.

Graham