General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Solenoid valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solenoid valve

Good evening. I have a jaguar s type 2000.
Where is the solenoid valve for the air injection at?
Part number: LJA1530AA.

Old 10-28-2023, 02:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,531 Likes on 3,941 Posts

Air injection? Either I don't know what you mean or I'm pretty sure you don't have it.

Where is the thing in the photo from / where is/was it connected?

Make sure you have the Electrical Guide from this site / JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Old 10-28-2023, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,366 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Do you have code P0065 by chance?

I believe the early S-Type and the Lincoln LS both had air assisted fuel injectors?

Kind of a stop gap modification to increase fuel economy. There are passages (Pipes, Hoses) from the throttle body to the base of the injectors. Under idle and other high vacuum situations the valve shown above opens allowing air to go to the bottom of the fuel injectors. This addition air is to swirl around the fuel injector pintle at idle. Supposedly increasing the atomisation of the fuel increasing fuel economy and reducing emissions.

Now it must not have been very effective because after the 2000 model year I believe it was dropped permanently by both Jaguar and Lincoln. A few other cars also used these air assisted fuel injectors. I know nothing about them but I "think" this is what he is working on.

The following users liked this post:
Immortalsoul11 (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 08:58 PM

it’s a photo of the air injection I brought. Took my car to oreiley and the gave me a code and told me to buy this device

Originally Posted by JagV8
Air injection? Either I don't know what you mean or I'm pretty sure you don't have it.

Where is the thing in the photo from / where is/was it connected?

Make sure you have the Electrical Guide from this site / JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Old 10-28-2023, 08:59 PM

That’s a bummer. Will I (a non mechanic) be able to change this myself?

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Do you have code P0065 by chance?

I believe the early S-Type and the Lincoln LS both had air assisted fuel injectors?

Kind of a stop gap modification to increase fuel economy. There are passages (Pipes, Hoses) from the throttle body to the base of the injectors. Under idle and other high vacuum situations the valve shown above opens allowing air to go to the bottom of the fuel injectors. This addition air is to swirl around the fuel injector pintle at idle. Supposedly increasing the atomisation of the fuel increasing fuel economy and reducing emissions.

Now it must not have been very effective because after the 2000 model year I believe it was dropped permanently by both Jaguar and Lincoln. A few other cars also used these air assisted fuel injectors. I know nothing about them but I "think" this is what he is working on.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Just swapping random parts seldom works.
I would research what code you have. O'rielly is fine but they don't know anything. They hire anybody and they just look at the code and read what the it says. They don't understand cars or engines. So the value of their advice is zero. With people like that use them to get the code.

The actual code number as you have posted nothing of value so far?
No car or engine info or miles or even what's going on? How can anybody help?

I would read this forum and then start a different thread on what your car is actually doing?
Is it driving? Do you have a check engine light on the dash?
Start at the beginning and work thru the problems.

A used Jaguar is NOT for someone who can't DIY the repairs! But this forum does have much information if you search.

First use this forum and the UK forum. See if you can find someone with a similar problem.

Last edited by clubairth1; 10-29-2023 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:37 AM

Where were you a month ago when I got the car? 😆

A used Jaguar is NOT for someone who can't DIY the repairs! But this forum does have much information if you search.

Old 10-29-2023, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Yes but you can learn to do it if you want? It's not terribly hard either. As you noted most if not all the answers are on the forum.
Give it a try?

I mainly DIY because of the terrible work I have had done over the years at dealers and other shops. Not to mention the astounding costs! I paid for an oil change at a Jaguar dealership. He started at $225! After I made some noises he helped me out and charged $175! Now on my XJR the oil is changed by opening the hood. Unscrewing the oil filter and sucking the oil out of the engine. Takes about 20-30 minutes. No need to get under the car or even to get dirty! Maybe $70 for the oil and filter.

No one cares about your car more than you do!

I found the same with managing my own money. If it's yours then you will feel it's important. If it's NOT yours it's just a job.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:38 AM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,562 Likes on 1,213 Posts

You started your post by identifying your model year, so you’re light years ahead of many other posters here!

Get out of this forum, and post in the s-type forum and you will undoubtedly get all the information and help you need.

I have owned an XJS since 2010. The help and support you will find here will give you the confidence to do most any repair! I don’t have a garage, just a driveway, and it’s my daily driver, so all projects must be completed by the next workday. This forum has allowed me to prepare for all projects to make sure it gets done.

This General forum is too non-specific, so you may not get all the answers you need, but if you go to the right sub forum, you’ll be diagnosing and wrenching yourself in no time! Just be safe!!!

Old 10-31-2023, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Good advice from Vee as the individual forums contain the experts on that particular model.