General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Understanding JTIS versions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Understanding JTIS versions?

I've been trying to figure out what the latest JTIS version is. There is a version, that is listed as JTIS21 on this site and available for download, that is JTIS 1.4. Is this correct, or is there a later version?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 8,059 Likes on 4,863 Posts

Jaguar Technical Information System 21 was the last CD issued by the factory. The information from then on was accessed by authorized personnel on secure sites with username and password starting in January (2005?) and the CD21 had a date timeout. I guess some folks found a way to disable the feature and load CD21 for normal access. I have factory CDs from JTIS 10 or 11 all the way to 21 but I use 20 because it never timed out.

JTIS 21 is the last CD

bob gauff

Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by motorcarman
Jaguar Technical Information System 21 was the last CD issued by the factory. The information from then on was accessed by authorized personnel on secure sites with username and password starting in January (2005?) and the CD21 had a date timeout. I guess some folks found a way to disable the feature and load CD21 for normal access. I have factory CDs from JTIS 10 or 11 all the way to 21 but I use 20 because it never timed out.

JTIS 21 is the last CD

bob gauff
Bob, if you open your JTIS and the "Help" drop down and select "About" what version is displayed on your version?

When I downloaded and installed the JTIS21 version from the following link:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...uctions-54640/

Using the "Help" drop down and selecting "About", as noted above, it says that I have Version 1.4 (Dec 2002) Build 6.344.14.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:55 AM

I copied JTIS for everyone in the shop (8 of us) every time a new version came out and then put the factory CD back in the Jag Shop multi-media computer cabinet. I have a copy of 21 but it timed out January 1st (2004? or 2005?) so I re-installed JTIS 20 and used it unless I needed a newer version online with my username and password.

My JTIS 20 says

JTIS Version 1.4(Dec 2002)
Buildlevel: 6.344. 14

I remember receiving JTIS 21 very soon (6 months??) after JTIS 20 so it can't have much more info than 20.

After I left the dealer I could still log on to the Jaguar secure site with my username and password for a few weeks but I guess they updated the computer list of authorized personnel and I was DELETED!!

bob gauff

Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 AM

Thanks Bob, I was just trying to figure out the correlation between the release number (that everyone uses) to the number that is identified by the program.

Larry

Old 05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,621 Likes on 874 Posts
Default Need more info about JTIS21 per Bob posting #2

Hi Bob
Was there a warning about the JTIS21 CD date timeout you mentioned in Post# 2 (CD21 had a date timeout)?

I purchased an older JTIS in 2005 and it never timed out. The newer Cd (JTIS21) I purchased on Ebay in early October 2010 also has never timed out or ever given me any timeout warnings.

What type of warning message did the CD software give, also how much time had gone by before it timed out? Is there a way to find out if the CD has a date timeout in it?

The reason I am asking is that I have been researching these JTIS CD software for years now and have never found anything on the internet about them timing out.

I like to have some assurance that all the work I have done with packaging the JTIS21 software into downloadable self extracting archives and making it available for the forum members (with instructions and how to stuff) is not going to come up with a date timeout.

Moderator Translator does not want to update the FAQ sticky threads with the JTIS21 information without assurance that is unlocked and does not have a date timeout.

Please give more information about JTIS21 software that is related to being locked and having a date timeout.

PS --- I just found another thread and here is a posting by testpoint dated 8/16/2009 - "Looked it up on mine and, yes, the 2003 MY refers to 4.2L. That probably means that you need to ensure that you get the latest and last issue, number 21, of the CD. My CD says Jaguar Part # 154-265-2W21-9."

Testpoint has probably been using his CD for several years now. Note that Testpoint CD has the same part# on it disk as mine does in this JPEG below.

I created This JPEG image when I scanned my JTIS21 CD:

Understanding JTIS versions?-jtis-21-cd-image.jpg

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 05-26-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM

I got my CD21 as a Dealer Tech (mechanic) and it was issued to every dealer. I copied the CD (I still have it) to issue a copy to all the guys in the shop for their station computer. CD21 timed out in January (I don't remember what year 2004/2005) so I just reloaded JTIS 20. I do remember that the only person that BOUGHT a JTIS CD (for $800.00 USD) from our parts dept (I don't remember the issue number) was a guy who wanted it translated to Japanese. I talked to him and he told me he was going to translate it and sell it overseas.

Perhaps the retail versions never had a timeout!!! The dealer issued CD21 was 'done with' unless you installed it on a computer that had a date earlier than the timeout.
When I tried to access the JTIS on the first day back at work from the NEW YEARS HOLIDAY I got a message that stated that the software was out of date. I called Jaguar Tech Line and was told that "yes the CD is obsolete" and to access all technical info from the secure website with username and password!!!!

A few months later the website was down for the day and Tech Line advised that "Most of England was experiencing a power outage"

I was glad I still had JTIS 20 and did not need the website that day.
I don't know anything about the downloads or hacking of the date timeout because I have the JTIS 20 and that is all I need for the older cars.

I still keep in contact with the guys at the dealer so I can get some technical info for the later cars if I need to and they still call me for insight into the older cars I am familiar with when they have a really weird problem as I seemed to get the 'off-the-wall' problems during my time at the dealer.

I get calls from the guys like 'remember the car back in the early 2000's that had the broken harness for the rear blah blah blah!!!'

I always hope I remember what I found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob gauff