General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Used Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 07:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Cars

how do I go about trying to sell my 2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon. I found a spot the other day uploaded several pictures and then when I submitted it ....It disappeared from view and could not for the life of me find it ever again? whats up with that. Help please.

Mike Homenuk

Old 07-04-2020, 08:49 AM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Mike,

Were you trying to create a new thread in forum MARKETPLACE?
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/market/

Graham

Old 07-04-2020, 10:11 AM
Default used cars

Originally Posted by Mike Homenuk
how do I go about trying to sell my 2005 Jaguar X-Type Wagon. I found a spot the other day uploaded several pictures and then when I submitted it ....It disappeared from view and could not for the life of me find it ever again? whats up with that. Help please.

Mike Homenuk
Yes I am sir I just don't know where to go to place an add. Thank you GGG
Mike Homenuk

Old 07-04-2020, 10:44 AM
GGG

Mike,

I recommend you first write the text for your advertisement listing offline so you can work through the listing process and then just Copy & Paste the pre-prepared text into the description section.

Follow this link to MARKETPLACE:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/marketplace-104/

To get started, click on the black Create a Listing button:

This brings up the Create a Listing dialogue box with the listing options. Click on Sell:

Work through the Item Type, Year, Make and Model boxes selecting the appropriate ones for your 2005 Jaguar X-Type then click on the black Continue button:

Complete the details in the Post New Listing box, Copying & pasting the description text you prepared earlier:

Click on the Photos & Attachments button to add photos, complete price and location details then finally click on the black LIST IT button.

It's taken me a lot longer to write this post than it will take you to list your X-Type. If you get stuck, post back here and I can edit the listing for you.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 07-04-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Default used Cars

hey you are awesome. thank you so much for all your help. I never have any good luck searching things...you can do what you want to with my listing. its pretty long. let me know if I can fix it more or add more pictures. again, thank you so much for your help.

Steven (Mike) Homenuk

Old 07-04-2020, 05:13 PM
GGG

I couldn't have done better myself.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/market/234680

Good luck.

Graham

Old 07-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Default used cars

Graham
Is there any way i can update the file and afd another few pictures?? What a bother huh..😀
I thank u for all your help
And is there a way you can change my pw for my id Jagwagon i cantvserm to get it right.
Thank you
Mike

QUOTE=GGG;2256930]Mike,

I recommend you first write the text for your advertisement listing offline so you can work through the listing process and then just Copy & Paste the pre-prepared text into the description section.

Follow this link to MARKETPLACE:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/marketplace-104/

To get started, click on the black Create a
Listing
button:

This brings up the Create a Listing dialogue box with the listing options. Click on Sell:

Work through the Item Type, Year, Make and Model boxes selecting the appropriate ones for your 2005 Jaguar X-Type then click on the black Continue button:

Complete the details in the Post New Listing box, Copying & pasting the description text you prepared earlier:

Click on the Photos & Attachments button to add photos, complete price and location details then finally click on the black LIST IT button.

It's taken me a lot longer to write this post than it will take you to list your X-Type. If you get stuck, post back here and I can edit the listing for you.

Graham[/QUOTE]

Old 07-05-2020, 04:24 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Mike Homenuk
Graham
Is there any way i can update the file and afd another few pictures?? What a bother huh..😀
I thank u for all your help
And is there a way you can change my pw for my id Jagwagon i cantvserm to get it right.
Thank you
Mike
Mike,

All posts "lock" after 24 hours which gives members sufficient time to make edits. However, it doesn't always give sufficient time to update advertisments. This is forum owner Internet Brands policy across all their forums and we just have to live with it.

The edit restriction doesn't apply to moderators. We can edit any post at any time. I get frequent requests to edit MARKETPLACE listings and always do these changes for members. If you want additional pictures in the original post #1, put them in a new post in your thread and I'll move them to the original post #1.

As for passwords, members can change their own in User CP. Click on the button on the black menu bar:

This opens the Your Control Panel menu:

Go down to Edit Email & Password and click on this option. This opens the password dialogue box. Enter your current password and the new password in the boxes:

Click the Save Changes button to save and exit the box.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Grant Francis (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 06:19 AM
Default used cars

i did the new listing,, if you could copy and paste all the pictures or move the one in the one I just created, I forgot in the first post. just the one picture, and this is the only line that needs to be fixed in the original one.

"Pwr 8-way driver/2-way passenger heated front bucket seats w/4-way adjustable head restraints"

you are a great moderator.

Thank You

Mike Homenuk

Old 07-05-2020, 09:10 AM
GGG

Mike,

I've added the picture and edited the text. I expected you to post in the ORIGINAL thread, not create a new listing so I deleted the new listing after making the changes to your original.

Graham