I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19 I-Pace Ambient lighting

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 19 I-Pace Ambient lighting

Can some one clarify for me the situation of the ambient lighting that is offered? My 19 I bought from what I can tell has about everything except HUD and rear a/c controls on the console, IE 4 zone.
It has ambient lighting in the doors and below the console. However it cannot be changed to a different color. Does the I-Pace have two option levels of ambient lighting? Like a base ambient lighting package and a more advanced package? It seems odd to go through the trouble to install all the LEDs and have two separate systems as an option.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:12 AM

So I purchased a subscription from Jaguars OE service site. My vehicle shows to have ambient lighting high line. So I’m assuming that means the colors should change? That seem correct? When I took it in for service for a couple items to be repaired right after I got it. I asked them about it and they never answered directly about it. Any input would be appreciated. I just want to know if the ambient lighting is not working properly.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:36 AM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

JLR tend to re-use designs across their model range. My F-Pace has Ambient Lighting which can be adjusted for colour and intensity through the Touchscreen and I expect your I-Pace will be similar. Check the handbook for details:

https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G2167155

Graham

Old 10-28-2022, 07:04 PM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts

Sorry, I was traveling or would have responded sooner, had to get in my car and find it again. I have a 2019, and on the main screen, swipe left twice and you should be on the last option screen and ambient lighting is the last item. On mine it was off (I'm guessing a software update turned it off because I never did), turned it back on and it is working fine again. Let me know if that works for you.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (10-29-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by enderle
Sorry, I was traveling or would have responded sooner, had to get in my car and find it again. I have a 2019, and on the main screen, swipe left twice and you should be on the last option screen and ambient lighting is the last item. On mine it was off (I'm guessing a software update turned it off because I never did), turned it back on and it is working fine again. Let me know if that works for you.
Thanks for the response. However, it’s not on the screen. I’ve checked the owners manual and all, it’s not anywhere in the infotainment system. I find it so weird that I can’t do anything with it and according to Jaguars Topix vehicle feature print out, it shows ambient lighting - High line.

The only two dislikes with this car since we bought it are the infotainment system, it’s so buggy and Jaguar service. We have had it in twice for some both times it took a over week to get it back. Plus I don’t receive clear information as to what was exactly done and what they found.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:30 PM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts

I'm guessing either your car doesn't have it and the documents are wrong or some software update has removed it from the menu. Anyway here is a picture of what the screen should look like.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by enderle
I'm guessing either your car doesn't have it and the documents are wrong or some software update has removed it from the menu. Anyway here is a picture of what the screen should look like.

That is what I’m thinking also. I guess another visit to the dealer to see if I can get an answer. I’ll post what they say.
thanks

Old 11-01-2022, 12:39 PM

Ok so here is what I found out. I compared the Vin feature list to a vehicle that has adjustable ambient lighting to mine. Turns out the Ambient lighting on may vehicle is labeled as HighLine and the other IPace is labeled as Ambient Lighting - Premium. So I’m going to say mine is just not equipped. It’s interesting that the owners manual doesn’t foot note “if equipped”. I would be interested if the leds are there and it’s just a software thing or hardware is different also.
thanks for the input everyone.