Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confusion about navigation profiles

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Confusion about navigation profiles

Hello all,

We are really enjoying the new I-Pace so far. The technology is such a huge upgrade from our old Audi SQ5, it can actually be a bit overwhelming. I've got a unique profile set up for me, and one for my wife that's linked to our keys and phones. It sets the seats to our liking, mirrors, etc. So far so good.

The place that I'm confused is on navigation profiles. Do we each need a unique navigation profile? If we each have one, will that be linked to our keys and phones also? I set up a profile through Jaguar In Control. That said, when I try to use that login information in the navigation profiles in the vehicle, it says that it doesn't recognize my email and/or password.

The whole things is confusing and the manuals and online support aren't giving me much help.

I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dennis C; 07-24-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:53 AM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts

I have to admit I've been having issues with that as well. I can generally login, and the profile seems to go with the log in so I don't see how it would change unless the other driver logged in as well (it hasn't changed when my wife has driven the car so it either isn't linked to her key and phone or it isn't working right, hard to tell). It seems to forget my password and ID regularly asking for me to log in again and often not recognizing my password and ID. It works the most reliably when I'm at home and the car is on wi-fi when it is on the cellular network (which has been a bit of a PITA as well) it doesn't work as reliably. Been meaning to ask the dealer about this but forgot the last time I was there (it is 180 miles away so I don't go often). Let's see is someone else has a better answer but I feel your pain. As a side note, this hasn't caused me any issues with the car, it's just annoying from time to time.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:27 AM

Thanks. I reached out to my Jaguar sales associate, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. It seems like everything is connected and working properly. Ideally, it would be nice if it was tied into the user profiles, so my wife's nav destinations, radio station preferences, etc. were all part of her profile. She's the primary driver of the car and she told me that it's already starting to make suggestions about different things on her regular drive to work. Interesting technology, to be sure.

The following users liked this post:
enderle (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 12:46 PM

I spoke with my Jaguar sales associate this morning, and I've made some progress here (much of it though trial and error). I don't have everything working perfectly, but I'm closer. Here are a few of the highlights:
  • It is possible to have more than one navigation profile, but these aren't linked to driver profiles through the key or phone. As a result, you'd have to manually log out of one profile and log in to another profile through the nav system. There's not a real benefit to doing this, except for perhaps changing saved destinations, favorite destination, etc. for each driver.
  • Your login credentials from Jaguar Remote or Jaguar InControl will not allow you to access your navigation profile. You must create a new account at www.jaguar.here.com. Once you've created an account at this site, you can login to the nav system in the car using those credentials. You can also download the Jaguar Route app and login using those credentials. That allows you to plan routes on your phone, and sync them with the car's nav system remotely.
  • You can setup your profile on jaguar.here.com, including adding your vehicle using the VIN. I've had some trouble with this so far - the system finds my car using my VIN, but I can't seem to add my vehicle successfully. Once you add your vehicle, you can download map updates. Apparently these are available four times per year, including updated public charging stations, POIs, etc.
  • Once you're logged into the system in the car, you need to go to settings/all settings/connectivity/mobile data and enable "mobile data" and "roaming".
  • Once you've done that, you need to go into nav settings and review the connectivity options that you'd like to enable for mobile data and for roaming. I checked all the boxes.
I'll report back on the progress of adding my car to the "saved vehicles" section of my profile on www.jaguar.here.com.

Getting closer!

enderle (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 12:55 PM

Thanks, nice work!

Old 07-27-2020, 12:56 PM

UPDATE:

Apparently it just needed a little time. My vehicle is now saved in my profile, and I have access to all the connected features and connected services at www.jaguar.here.com, under the "Maps & Services" tab.

Nice to finally work through all this.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:12 AM

Today I went onto the www.jaguar.here.com site. I was able to download and install the InControl Touch Pro Map Downloader software onto my computer. This software allows for the download of the most current maps and information onto a USB stick, which can then be transferred to the car's navigation system. It's pretty straightforward. I'll report back after I've updated the maps in the car.

My assumption is that there's a way to check the current map version in the car before attempting to install an update, but I'm not sure yet. The latest US map version that I'm downloading is: 08.030.0110.0153.

enderle (07-29-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 05:54 PM

I completed the map update this afternoon. It was very simple and quick to install. In the navigation settings menu in the car, you can perform a check to see if there is a newer version of the navigation maps and features. If there is, you simply download it using the software mentioned above and save it onto a USB memory stick. When the stick is inserted into one of the USB ports in the center console, the car recognizes the map update and automatically installs it. It is necessary to have the ignition in the "on" position during the entire update. My software update took 9 minutes to install. Once it begins, you can drive the car but you can't use the navigation system during the update. When the installation is complete, the car notifies you and then reboots the navigation system. Again - it's very simple and it's automated. I noticed on the www.jaguar.here.com that for US owners (among several others), the map is updated and available for download on a monthly basis.

On another note, I've been using the Jaguar Route app on my phone to add new destinations to the navigation system. It's working well, and it syncs nicely. One subtlety that I found is that you can't change the name of a saved destination in the app or on the website, but you can change it in the car's navigation system. For example, if you wanted to save a friend's address in the system, the app only allows you to save it as an address. Using the navigation menus in the car, you can customize that entry to be called whatever you prefer, such as your friend's name.

I'm still working my way through all the tech in this car, but I'm getting better and better with it.

enderle (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the update!

Old 08-14-2020, 08:10 AM

Overall, things are working well. I successfully used the Jaguar Route app to send a route to the car, and that was nice. The only issue that I'm having at this point is that the the navigation profiles are not staying logged in, even though I have checked that box in the settings. I have to log in again regularly, and I have to connect to home wifi again regularly. I don't know if this is related to the car switching between my profile and my wife's profile, or if it's something else.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:24 PM

My wife virtually never drives the car and I have the same issue so likely something else. Fortunately it is only a little annoying.