I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Status During Scheduled Charge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 04:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Status During Scheduled Charge?

The Hypervolt charger’s LEDs correctly turn from purple to green when it finishes waiting for a scheduled charging session and begins charging. But. The Jaguar Remote App shows the car is “Initialising” (rather than “Waiting”?) until it starts charging.

When the car starts the scheduled charging session the app says “Charging” but the dashboard says “Initialising”.
Is the car charging or not? I’m guessing that it is.

Perhaps the car can’t tell if it’s being charged? But I would thought it does know. Is “Initialising” supposed to be the same as “Waiting”?

I also notice that the manual explains the operation of each feature but doesn’t actually explain what the features actually do. So in general I feel there is more a problem with English language than with the actual engineering.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if the car say initializing it probably not charging. I was having an issue like that when using my home L2 charger and fortunately it seems to have seems to have self corrected.
the service centers are useless, there are not enough qualified Ipace techs and I am not giving them the car so they can get to it whenever. my local dealership said it could be weeks before they would get to it.
this is a serious issue! if the car cannot charge then the car is USELESS

Old 06-15-2022, 04:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It’s not a serious issue

The car is charging. There’s no problem there.
however..
The user interface is sub-optimal.
As follows
1. You have to go to “Preconditioning” to find schedule settings. That’s nonsense.
2. When you turn the car off, it may or may not tell you when it’s going to charge on schedule. Regardless of the scheduled charging selection made under the misleading title of Preconditioning.
3. When connected to a wall charger and waiting for the scheduled start time, the car and app say “Initialising” for hours.

Apart from this confusion in interaction, the four hour slot was successfully and automatically exploited giving me 75 miles of driving for £3.84 which in pennies per mile is equivalent to buying petrol at 39p per litre.

how could one be dissatisfied?!

The following users liked this post:
dpiatt (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 07:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Initializing Status On Unscheduled Charge

I had one episode where I plugged my home L2 charger for an immediate charge and 15 minutes later, the car still said Initializing. I went to the car, unplugged, and plugged back in, and the status quickly went from Initializing to Charging. It was clear from the range that no miles had been added during the 15 minutes. I don't know what happened, but it has not happened again.