I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Year Free Service With Conditions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 05:29 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Two Year Free Service With Conditions

I took my I-Pace in for service earlier this month only to find my free 2-year service cost $250 (with discount). Apparently you have to do this service within 3 months of the date of the service for it to be free. The mountain passes between me and my dealer are very unsafe during the winter particularly at night and I'd asked if I could wait until the weather improved to make the trip. They said yes but didn't share the extra charge which I likely would have paid because I've done that drive in the middle of winter in the past and it is just too dangerous to drive home at night (last time I did it I couldn't see where the road ended and he cliff began due to weather, and it was scary as hell and not in a good way). Anyway, just a heads up.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:07 AM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Is this standard policy from JLR or just your particular dealer? And is it in writing?

Old 04-27-2021, 08:07 PM

They said it was a JLR rule, I pinged JLR but never heard back. And if it is in writing I've never seen it. I don't think the dealer was lying though.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

Here in Canada, your free service must be performed within 30 days of your anniversary date.

you must bring your vehicle to an authorized Jaguar Retailer within 1 month or 1,000 miles of the scheduled maintenance interval. Customers who do not bring their vehicle to an authorized Retailer within the required time for scheduled maintenance may not receive the missed interval service.

https://www.jaguarusa.com/owners/ser...-warranty.html

The following users liked this post:
enderle (05-06-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anywhere I can go to see in writing what the service warranty covers? does it cover tire rotations ?

Old 05-23-2021, 08:46 PM

I've found some commentary arguing you shouldn't rotate but nothing in the manual about tire rotation that I could find at all. On my car I swap the tires (winter to summer and back) twice a year and I'm still not showing much wear. But each tire remains on the corner it originated. Here is the tire section in the manual: https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G1853443

Oh and Jaguar's warranty doesn't cover tires.

Last edited by enderle; 05-23-2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added warranty comment.
Zophie (02-16-2022)
Old 06-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry JLR policies are indiotic

After moving from Tesla to the I-Pace I was initially very happy as I was back in a comfortable and fast car. That is until the worst electronics on the planet kicked in and multiple safety features refused to consistently come online. Adding to that was the terrible knowledge and service from the dealer. Compound that with the stupidest OEM policies on the planet including what enderle experienced. I'd just add that my car told me "Service is now due" and I promptly scheduled service. I received a dealer call a few days later who told me that my car was not eligible for free service as it was too early. You see, the car in it's wisdom, decided that I've driven enough miles to trigger the warning, but JLR disagreed. I had low miles on an almost 2 year old car and the two disagreed. When I told the dealer the only reason I was scheduling service was because the car *constantly* told me it needed servicing, they told me to ignore it. JLR corporate meanwhile said I should take the car in but be prepared to pay as their policy was x number of miles or x years neither of which I had met. Never mind the in-car warnings or the fact that it consistently was inconsistent in activating it's core safety features!

Last I checked this car was supposed to have OTA (which we know it doesn't really) and have an integrated car/dealer network. All in all, I feel totally misled and lied to which is typical of traditional OEM's and dealer's. I'll be happy the day I can kiss both good bye again and get out of this cycle.

I am surprised though that nobody has really held JLR accountable for the misleading information they consistently put out about this car and the inherent problems it has with safety systems just flat out not working.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:20 AM
Default Sounds like a bad dealer

Wow, that doesn't sound right. I had initial major problems with my electronics. The dealer had the car picked up and trailered to the dealership 180 miles away, and it has been relatively reliable since. Yes, if I start too quickly, the system often doesn't fully boot, and I have to turn the car off and on again to recover as they apparently under-specified the necessary computing hardware, which appears fixed in the 2022 car (but we don't yet know for sure). But your car is still under warranty, and problems like those you are reporting should be warranty items. You might explore the lemon law in your State or try a different dealer, but I feel your pain. That isn't very good but based on looking at this forum and others I follow, a relatively unique experience. After the initial first-generation car problems, my car, a loaded HSE model, has been relatively problem-free. It remains one of the best and most problem-free cars I've ever owned (then again, I have a nasty habit of buying generation one cars or older cars with issues, which sets that bar pretty low). Sorry you are having such a bad experience.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
I've found some commentary arguing you shouldn't rotate but nothing in the manual about tire rotation that I could find at all. On my car I swap the tires (winter to summer and back) twice a year and I'm still not showing much wear. But each tire remains on the corner it originated. Here is the tire section in the manual: https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G1853443

Oh and Jaguar's warranty doesn't cover tires.
In spite of seeing nothing in the manual about tire care, I figured rotation is basic necessary car care. I requested a tire rotation last week from my dealer when I had my 2-year service. (Glad I accidentally scheduled this within the narrow time window that makes this no charge.) What I got was:
1. Service manager said he didn't think the tires could be rotated. When asked why, he said that he thought the front and back tires might not be the same size. I suggested he check that on my car. Answer: same size. He added the rotation to my service order.
2. After the car was done being serviced, I asked to speak to a mechanic to see if there is anything special about lifting a heavy electric vehicle to do tire work. I got a sales person instead. When I asked my question, he said he didn't think the tires could be rotated. I said I sure hoped they could, since I had just paid for that service.
3. The service manager advised me that lifting this car could be tricky and I really should have the dealership do all of my tire replacement and rotation work in the future.

My dealership allegedly has 3 iPace trained mechanics, who perhaps cannot be freed from their duties to talk to customers. There is little evidence to suggest that the sales and management folks are familiar with the vehicle, and they are quick to guess and jump to conclusions. I do not feel I can rely on them for informed service information. I think they also see that iPace cars aren't a good revenue stream through service, and tires are the only money maker in sight.

I do not want to use the dealer for tires, or rotations for that matter. However, I want to make sure my local (independent and generally competent) mechanic/tire place knows how to lift the car without damage. Is there any technical information available? (I cannot find any service manuals or similar.)

redpoptop (02-16-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 10:26 AM

This should help with jack points. I've had my tires changed twice annually with no issues (snow to summer tires and back): https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G2167951

Zophie (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 01:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you. I saw that in the manual...the drawing is cryptic and it is hard to see how an auto shop would use it. Well, the shop I have in mind successfully replaces tires for Teslas, so I have hope they can figure out the iPace safely.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:13 PM
Default No problem with my car

Originally Posted by Zophie
Thank you. I saw that in the manual...the drawing is cryptic and it is hard to see how an auto shop would use it. Well, the shop I have in mind successfully replaces tires for Teslas, so I have hope they can figure out the iPace safely.
The car wasn't an issue for our local tire shop, agree the drawing isn't as clear as it could be but I haven't had any issues (our dealer 180 miles away so using them for tires is a non-starter for me). Good luck!