I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife is looking to replace her XF with a NOS 19 I Pace

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 04:29 PM
Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Wife is looking to replace her XF with a NOS 19 I Pace

We drove one last year and toyed around with it but the numbers just didn't fit at the time so she is back at it now. I remember seeing a buyers guide on what to make sure of if looking at an earlier build 19 but can't seem to find it. Remember something about a battery condition test but would love if someone could point me in that direction or offer suggestions on what you would want to see on one that has been sitting on a lot for pretty much 2 years now. Thanks so much.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts

You are likely looking for any body, paint, or rust problems with a car that has been sitting out that long. Look at the paint for fogging, paint repairs, or scratches. Check the interior for mold smells or water damage both front and back. Feel the carpets for dampness. Look at the door jams for water tracks or spotting inside of the weather stripping. Look underneath the rear hatch floor for water puddles or signs of standing water. Look in the front trunk for the same things. Have them run a battery test to assure capacity (the battery has a long warranty so you should be covered regardless but confirm the warranty). Make sure all the software patches have been applied (dealer can check).

Old 12-17-2020, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

The I-Pace has had very good reviews, but unlike Tesla, if you do any longish journeys, you're totally dependent on the public charging network. With a Tesla, you have exclusive access to their's, and can also use the public ones. The basic fact is that it is a very expensive car to just drive around town in, and if you want to do long trips, you need to plan ahead.

The following users liked this post:
TreVoRTasmin (12-18-2020)
Old 12-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
The I-Pace has had very good reviews, but unlike Tesla, if you do any longish journeys, you're totally dependent on the public charging network. With a Tesla, you have exclusive access to their's, and can also use the public ones. The basic fact is that it is a very expensive car to just drive around town in, and if you want to do long trips, you need to plan ahead.
Ha, but with the Tesla, you get a fit and finish my TVR would laugh at. It suits her 2 mile commute much better then a combustion engine. Her oil changes have always been a foamy mess because of it. Reality wise, it isn't all that expensive either or at least the killer deal we got. A few grand more than a loaded Leaf. Might be picking it up tomorrow if they get all the software updates and the recall work done. I sure hope my 5.0 XF Super still toasts it to 60.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:55 PM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts

I'm with you, until they fix the fit and finish issues I'm not touching a Tesla though I agree they still have a better charging network. Things should improve a lot for our cars over the next two years though.

Old 12-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
I'm with you, until they fix the fit and finish issues I'm not touching a Tesla though I agree they still have a better charging network. Things should improve a lot for our cars over the next two years though.
I really do wonder at why the Tesla share price makes the market capitalisation more than the rest of the world motor industry combined. It is beyond hype !! What is it about Elon Musk that enables him to charm the world like the Pied Piper of Hamelin