Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

What product to clean interior with?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What product to clean interior with?

Hi, I want to clean my interior as in the cream areas around the centre console, glove compartment, soor sills etc. I tried using pledge but it doesn't seem to do much. Also what is a good cleaning product for the leather seats..?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used many leather products but I find Armor All leather wipes to be the best. They clean and condition the leather, I use it on the seats, door panels, shift boot and center console. For the rest of the car I use the Armor All orange cleaner wipes.

I have the Ivory interior and clean it regularly to keep it perfect.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pete04xtype
I have used many leather products but I find Armor All leather wipes to be the best. They clean and condition the leather, I use it on the seats, door panels, shift boot and center console. For the rest of the car I use the Armor All orange cleaner wipes.

The Armor All products look good. Just under the headlight knob, on the cream bit, i have a pen mark and on the doors there are certain areas that look a bit dirty. Would that work for that or would I need some sort of intense cleaning product for those.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 192 Likes on 164 Posts

I have used hair spray to remove fresh pen marks. Must be the alcohol in it.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Default Help on how and what to use on the marks, scratches, dirt etc

Hi, I'd like to know what products I can use to generally clean the following door areas;

Also On my glovebox, I have this white bit which I think happened as it got scraped while I took out the standard stereo

I have some scratches on the ashtray and gear trim, any ways of taking this out..?

Ane here and above you can see that on the cream trim next to the ashtray when I was replacing the manufacturer stereo the whole dash must have been resting and it caused grey line, indent, colour scrape mark. Can I fix this with some sort of pen or cream or filler..?

How do I generally clean those areas below with something that actually cleans and brightens

How can I get rid of that pen mark, I tried pledge and it doesnt work.

How do I get rid of that dark area below on the side of the door..?

You may think these are minor but these things **** me off!

Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an "O Reillys" near you, they sell their own brand of cleaner..and it's amazing what it will clean up. It's great on scuff marks, windows, and those marks that can drive you nuts.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mentioned this earlier, but O'Reillys has their own brand of generic cleaner. I love it ...it's cheap and it cleans a lot of stuff.

I came across it, when my kids left McDonalds cups in the back drink holders. The bottoms fell out of the cups and Dr.Pepper and Root Beer gunked up the holders. The O'Reillys cleaner took it out with one application.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jamey
I mentioned this earlier, but O'Reillys has their own brand of generic cleaner. I love it ...it's cheap and it cleans a lot of stuff.

I came across it, when my kids left McDonalds cups in the back drink holders. The bottoms fell out of the cups and Dr.Pepper and Root Beer gunked up the holders. The O'Reillys cleaner took it out with one application.
I don't have an O Reillys round here, i'm in the UK. Just a thought, that product that you mentioned cleaned off hard drink marks, that could just be wiped off with a wet cloth or tissue right..?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Do you think Meguiar Gold Class leather wipes is better than the Armor all leather wipes?

Old 01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by prodigy215
Do you think Meguiar Gold Class leather wipes is better than the Armor all leather wipes?
They are probably the same as far as cleaning. I have used the Meguiars GC foaming leather cleaner and it worked out ok. I have used other leather cleaning products and the Armor all ones have worked the best. They clean and condition the leather, leaving it perfect.

I use the AA leather wipes for all the seats and door panels.. And the AA orange cleaning wipes for the dash and other plastics in the interior. Always comes out clean and perfect.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

They are probably the same as far as cleaning. I have used the Meguiars GC foaming leather cleaner and it worked out ok. I have used other leather cleaning products and the Armor all ones have worked the best. They clean and condition the leather, leaving it perfect.

I use the AA leather wipes for all the seats and door panels.. And the AA orange cleaning wipes for the dash and other plastics in the interior. Always comes out clean and perfect.
Ok, thanks alot.. Really appreciate it!!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I also use orange wipes which I get from the local supermarket. They are supposed to be for the kitchen, but work particularly well on grease marks.

As for any leather scuffs and marks, here is how I repaired my interior when it got damaged

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...leather+repair