Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre This is an area for members to contact Jaguars Customer relationship centre. It should be used to aid in resolving disputes, NOT for technical issues

Deeply Disappointed with My Jaguar XE 2.0d Prestige - Is This What Jaguar Stands For?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2024, 05:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deeply Disappointed with My Jaguar XE 2.0d Prestige - Is This What Jaguar Stands For?

I never thought I would be writing this, but my experience with Jaguar has been nothing short of heartbreaking. I proudly purchased a Jaguar XE 2.0d Prestige in January 2016, and after about 120,000km of relatively smooth driving, I faced an unexpected and devastating issue.

While driving at lower speeds, I began to hear a low knocking or rattling sound from the engine. Strangely, the sound diminished as I reached 70-80kmph. But within minutes, my dashboard flashed a "low coolant" warning, and before I could even react, the car stopped completely on the road. I had it towed to Jaguar's service station, and this is where my disappointment deepened.

It took months before they even opened the engine. After pushing them, they barely checked, only opening the top cover and using cameras to show damage inside the piston cylinders. The cost to repair? An outrageous 15,000 Euros. If I don’t want to repair, selling it as-is with engine damage would leave me with a mere 3,000 Euros after service station costs.

Diesel engines are known to last around 300,000km, so how can this happen at just 120,000km? It feels like a significant defect with Jaguar's Ingenium engines. I’ve always been proud to own a Jaguar — as an Indian, this was a symbol of success and respect in my community. I was the first person in my entire village here in Germany to own one, and every time I drove through, people admired the car. Now, I’m left questioning that pride.

How can such a trusted brand allow this to happen? Is this what Jaguar stands for? If this is common with the Ingenium engine, how can future owners trust the brand? I loved my Jaguar, but this experience has shattered that love and trust.

I genuinely hope Jaguar takes this seriously. This is not just my experience — it’s about protecting your reputation, especially in markets where Jaguar is a symbol of success and pride.