Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre This is an area for members to contact Jaguars Customer relationship centre. It should be used to aid in resolving disputes, NOT for technical issues

Dual Vin XJS 1988

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Vin XJS 1988

Hi from Argentina,

I am into this situation: I recently bought a 1988 XJS V12 convertble in the USA, and imported to my country (Argentina). I had no problems with customs, in fact I have the car at home. However, when I tried to finish car’s registration, the authorities found two diferent VIN numbers: one is the number that was always used trough the whole purchase (title, invoice, shipping, custom, etc.), wich is the VIN that appears in every sticker and the windshield pillar. The problem appeared when a different VIN number engraved on top of the firewall was found. The local authorities told me that they need an unique VIN for each car. As I have read on this forum, this is a situation that may happen when the car was imported from UK to the USA, so I will specially ask for an official report that I can show Argentina’s authorities, and then, take the license of my beautiful car.
Looking forward to your answer,
Gabriel

Old 05-26-2021, 06:02 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your PM.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns. For me to escalate this with our global team, please may I request that you provide the following details:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your preferred contact details
Your address

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

Old 05-26-2021, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your answer Dan!
The VIN is: SAJNV5844JC139576. This one was used trough the full purchase, without troubles.
However, there is a different VIN, stamped on the tie-bar braccket. This one is: SAJJNVEW4JP139576
I could read that this situation may happen when a car made in the UK is imported from the USA.
I would need your confirmation about this, so I can show the reasons to my country’s authorities
I send you a pair of pictures. Perhaps my english is not so good to explain my problem.
My adress is 476 n 1548, City Bell, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Thank you again!!

Gabriel

Left hand door

Windscreen

Tie-bar (the problem)

Old 05-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default same situation here

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your PM.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns. For me to escalate this with our global team, please may I request that you provide the following details:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your preferred contact details
Your address

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi I am having the same issue with a 1996 XJS imported from USA to Spain:
- No issues with customs
- Next step is vehicle certification, same case one VIN in title, invoice, shipping, custom, etc.), wich is the VIN that appears in every sticker and the windshield pillar, and a different VIN number engraved on top of the firewall was found.

How can I prove them that this is "normal" and complete certification?

Kind regards