Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre This is an area for members to contact Jaguars Customer relationship centre. It should be used to aid in resolving disputes, NOT for technical issues

Improper dealer repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Improper dealer repair

So, this is quite a major issue in the car. The corporate USA representative is not helpful at all claiming there is nothing they can do and I have to beg for a goodwill repair by the dealer who didn't do the warranty repair right. My 2016 F Type R had the front end off for engine repair that seems possible for there are more issues within(indicated by a few forum members)
The front end was not placed back properly(missing bolts and improper placement of coolant hose), the front end was covered in fluid(may come from the oil cooler).
Link to my problem with the car: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/leak-233356
I'd appreciate some people at the corporate to look into the issue and actually be helpful. The representative on the phone was one of the most useless and negative people I've talked to in 2020.

To summarize:
2016 F Type R AWD coupe
The front end was off and put back for engine work.
Missing items when placed back together
Poor job clamping things down
Didn't tighten the rear cross brace
Left the Active exhaust hose disconnected
Oil leaks
Possibly more internal damage on an engine that wasn't followed through during inspection(indicated by several forum users)
Poor experience with the customer rep.(She was very impatient and some times wouldn't let me finish my sentence, the only suggestion from her was begging for goodwill repair with the dealer or pay out of pocket)

Warranty status:
New car warranty expired in May 2020(this repair was done in April 2020)
CPO expire in May 2021

I like Jag but if this is how things are done, I don't know what to say.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:04 PM

updates, the dealer who messed it up is offering me a redo and we'll see how this goes.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:37 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin
So, this is quite a major issue in the car. The corporate USA representative is not helpful at all claiming there is nothing they can do and I have to beg for a goodwill repair by the dealer who didn't do the warranty repair right. My 2016 F Type R had the front end off for engine repair that seems possible for there are more issues within(indicated by a few forum members)
The front end was not placed back properly(missing bolts and improper placement of coolant hose), the front end was covered in fluid(may come from the oil cooler).
Link to my problem with the car: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/leak-233356
I'd appreciate some people at the corporate to look into the issue and actually be helpful. The representative on the phone was one of the most useless and negative people I've talked to in 2020.

To summarize:
2016 F Type R AWD coupe
The front end was off and put back for engine work.
Missing items when placed back together
Poor job clamping things down
Didn't tighten the rear cross brace
Left the Active exhaust hose disconnected
Oil leaks
Possibly more internal damage on an engine that wasn't followed through during inspection(indicated by several forum users)
Poor experience with the customer rep.(She was very impatient and some times wouldn't let me finish my sentence, the only suggestion from her was begging for goodwill repair with the dealer or pay out of pocket)

Warranty status:
New car warranty expired in May 2020(this repair was done in April 2020)
CPO expire in May 2021

I like Jag but if this is how things are done, I don't know what to say.
Good Morning Benjamin,

Thank you for your post, and your patience in waiting for a response.

I would like to escalate your concerns with our global team who will pass your comments on the relevant Customer Relations Centre for your country of residence.

Please may I request that you provide the following information.

Your personal contact details
Your Vehicle Identification Number

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

The following users liked this post:
GGG (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by CRC@Jaguar
Good Morning Benjamin,

Thank you for your post, and your patience in waiting for a response.

I would like to escalate your concerns with our global team who will pass your comments on the relevant Customer Relations Centre for your country of residence.

Please may I request that you provide the following information.

Your personal contact details
Your Vehicle Identification Number

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Thank you Dan, the car is scheduled for repair next Tuesday after I contacted the dealer. I will send you the VIN and contact details in pm.