Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre This is an area for members to contact Jaguars Customer relationship centre. It should be used to aid in resolving disputes, NOT for technical issues

not happy with JNA customer care "resolution"

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 01:09 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
Default not happy with JNA customer care "resolution"

My saga was detailed in the F-Type forum but JNA has shown themselves not to have any interest in helping with resolving a mechanical (clutch) issue while the vehicle is under warranty. After having been without the vehicle now since February 20th, making three separate calls to JNA to finally get a case number, I have been told that they are deferring to the claim that the pronounced vibration is 'normal' despite the fact that it is NOT normal. I have had the vehicle since it was titled and put into service and had one of the Gen 1 clutches replaced with the Gen 4 version. Flywheel was only resurfaced at the time instead of being replaced with the Gen 2 flywheel as appears to have been the suggested practice. Vibration did not exist when the original warranty work was done and has developed AND GOTTEN WORSE.

My service writer has confirmed the condition as have others on the F-Type forum who report it in their vehicles.

The 'customer care' resolution is to offer me a $300 certificate for the 'inconvenience' of not having my vehicle for almost six weeks. Meanwhile, my vehicle will discharge the warranty in less than 200 miles, after which I get stuck having to deal with seeking after-warranty adjustment for a condition that will be far more costly because it was not properly addressed NOW!

It appears, from the call, that the only thing done on my Case Number was to call the Service Manager and ask what is on the ticket from more than a month ago. This is inexcusable.

The following users liked this post:
SinF (03-31-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

The clutch satisfaction thread as well as my own thread have been updated to reflect that I appear to have a failure of the Gen 4 clutch. Car gets flat-bedded in tonight or tomorrow since driving it would likely put me over the 60K mile mark.

I wonder if JNA will try again to tell me that this is 'normal.'

scotter (04-24-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 06:22 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mbelanger
My saga was detailed in the F-Type forum but JNA has shown themselves not to have any interest in helping with resolving a mechanical (clutch) issue while the vehicle is under warranty. After having been without the vehicle now since February 20th, making three separate calls to JNA to finally get a case number, I have been told that they are deferring to the claim that the pronounced vibration is 'normal' despite the fact that it is NOT normal. I have had the vehicle since it was titled and put into service and had one of the Gen 1 clutches replaced with the Gen 4 version. Flywheel was only resurfaced at the time instead of being replaced with the Gen 2 flywheel as appears to have been the suggested practice. Vibration did not exist when the original warranty work was done and has developed AND GOTTEN WORSE.

My service writer has confirmed the condition as have others on the F-Type forum who report it in their vehicles.

The 'customer care' resolution is to offer me a $300 certificate for the 'inconvenience' of not having my vehicle for almost six weeks. Meanwhile, my vehicle will discharge the warranty in less than 200 miles, after which I get stuck having to deal with seeking after-warranty adjustment for a condition that will be far more costly because it was not properly addressed NOW!

It appears, from the call, that the only thing done on my Case Number was to call the Service Manager and ask what is on the ticket from more than a month ago. This is inexcusable.
Good Afternoon mbelanger,

Thank you for your post.

Should you wish for any assistance, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact details and the name of the retailer you have visited, and I would be more than happy to escalate this with our Global team for review.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

scotter (04-24-2021)