Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

89 jag won't start had in shop recently ignition coil

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 jag won't start had in shop recently ignition coil

I been having issues with my 89 xj6 starting I had the shop check it out and he said the ignition coil was jumping spark so he changed it out and started up when I got it back it started up okay with a small misfire which it didn't have before I had it towed to the shop(it has had a misfire issues before tho it was fuel related) when I got it back I started it up next day and smelt super strong gas coming from the front and I could also smell it in cab no visable leaks I could see of and I called shop back told them what happen and they suggest it may be my injectors I had an issue with before I had boughten new injectors that didn't work so we reused the original ones and at the time they said the a couple injectors were not the best condition saying like it would flood. At first thought I thought it was ignition related but after smelling strong has ordor I think my injectors are clogged or flooding the engine he mentioned that my plugs were flooded I'm not sure on my next approach I spent all last year in and out of that same shop I don't really have money to keep doing the in and out of shop stuff and it's usually a no start crank issue I'm stumped and don't want to keep sending into a shop and not get it working reliably (it was starting and driving great until November late October I crashed and had to let it sit there I got busy and accidentally left it sitting for 2- 3 weeks I was starting it everyday until I got busy and then my issue started there again. I ended up fixing my tie rod which it what broke in collision

Old 04-24-2024, 05:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Common problem with running rich is the water temperature sender unit saying engine cold and activating the cold start injector.
I have had this problem on my series 3