Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

AJ126 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AJ126 Rebuild

Hey, I've got AJ126 which has got engine knock. I'm about to pull the engine out soon, but my guess is that there would be some bad bearings (and crankshaft beyond repair). I know JLR don't sell the parts, but all I can find is stuff from China. Has anyone successfully used these parts? Used engines are hard to find in my area (eastern EU) as these vehicles with these engines are not that common. I've had one quote on used engine (supposedly engine has done 44k kms) for 8.5k (incl. labour), which might not be that bad, but it's still used engine. Asked my JLR dealer and they should be able to get new shortblock (AJ813606) for 5.4k. I wanted to DIY rebuild, but I'm scared of the Chinese stuff.

Old 11-15-2023, 08:55 AM
Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by brownfox
Hey, I've got AJ126 which has got engine knock. I'm about to pull the engine out soon, but my guess is that there would be some bad bearings (and crankshaft beyond repair). I know JLR don't sell the parts, but all I can find is stuff from China. Has anyone successfully used these parts? Used engines are hard to find in my area (eastern EU) as these vehicles with these engines are not that common. I've had one quote on used engine (supposedly engine has done 44k kms) for 8.5k (incl. labour), which might not be that bad, but it's still used engine. Asked my JLR dealer and they should be able to get new shortblock (AJ813606) for 5.4k. I wanted to DIY rebuild, but I'm scared of the Chinese stuff.
And the reason for the knock? Bad oil, no Oil? Water contamination?

If it is has overheater on the way out, I would not bother, and change it out for an exchange engine.

I would find the root cause first, and identify the requirements.

LR parts are cheaper and more (slightly more) obtainable. Chinese engine parts are variable, but recommended not for internal engine parts.

AJ126 units are in a few modals XF,F,& LR,s and others with minor changes. Sump pan etc.

Few You tube videos on change out of the AJ 126.

Mr Tibbs did a AJ133 rebuild, Not for the light hearted.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ebuild-177468/

Old 11-16-2023, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by bydand
And the reason for the knock? Bad oil, no Oil? Water contamination?

If it is has overheater on the way out, I would not bother, and change it out for an exchange engine.

I would find the root cause first, and identify the requirements.

LR parts are cheaper and more (slightly more) obtainable. Chinese engine parts are variable, but recommended not for internal engine parts.

AJ126 units are in a few modals XF,F,& LR,s and others with minor changes. Sump pan etc.

Few You tube videos on change out of the AJ 126.

Mr Tibbs did a AJ133 rebuild, Not for the light hearted.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ebuild-177468/
I don't know yet, have to drain it first. I bought the car like this so I have no idea what happened and if it overheated. Is there some way to find out? I guess it's only possible if it's twisted thus measurable. I'd buy OEM parts, but they don't sell them as far as I know. I mean mainly bearings, crank, pistons, etc.. I know the engine is used in various cars, but those cars are mostly diesels in EU. There might be more petrol V6 in UK or US though.

Old 11-16-2023, 05:28 AM
Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-found-228022/

May help, for AJ126 parts. shipping may be an issue thou.

Old 12-03-2023, 06:25 PM
Default I got engine for you in East Europe I have car 3.0 supercharger 380hp 2016 60000km

Hi I got full engine with gearbox and parts from Jaguar XF 2016 S supercharger 380hp and 2017 diesel S 3.0 300ps

cars has low mileage video possible or visiting
can bring to you

Text me

Originally Posted by brownfox

Old 01-23-2024, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by jag jake
Hi I got full engine with gearbox and parts from Jaguar XF 2016 S supercharger 380hp and 2017 diesel S 3.0 300ps

cars has low mileage video possible or visiting
can bring to you

Text me
Hey, where are you based? Couldn't find a way to text you on this forum.

Old 05-24-2024, 03:16 AM
Unhappy

Hey, I finally got to strip the engine down. Indeed, it was bearing as suspected. Thankfully, it was conrod and not mainbearing, so the block is not damaged. I guess I need a new crank 🥲
Is there any chance AJ133 and AJ126 share main and conrod bearings? Either I'll buy king bearings or I'll have to buy chinese stuff.