Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

XK Exhaust Question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Question XK Exhaust Question...

I have been reading and looking around the forum on exhaust upgrades to the XK..So let me beat this dead horse one more time guys. While I am not in the market at this time for a new exhaust system. I would just like to understand it a little better. I love the sound of the stock XK exhaust, I also wouldn't mind if it was a bit more deeper, throatier either. I'm not really looking for HP gain, otherwise I'd be in an XKR or adding a twin screw. But I wouldn't mind helping the engine breathe better and if that adds a few ponies, that's cool.

I keep hearing of Borla, Mina Galleries, and a stock XKR set-up. I like the looks of the twin dual pipes out of the back and I believe all these would offer that. Would I need to buy a different lower rear bumper part to accomadate sp? the dual twins as I just have duals now?

I've looked at the Borla website but do not see a version offered for the 07 XK

I've looked at Mina and wonder if it really is an upgrade over a stock XKR set-up?

and is a stock XKR set-up deeper and throatier than the XK sound? I've also read about just doing a rear muffler delete, not sure I want to go that way?...also read that just changing to hi-flow cats will have a more aggresive sound?

Maybe change headers and cats in the future, mainly interested in the cat-back option...what ever input ya'll have to steer me in the right direction is much appreciated.

CG

Old 09-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 943 Posts

ya no!! i dont think eleanor roosevelt siad that!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

changing the cat back with make the car sound deeper and it will breath better especially on the hwy. the cats will open it more and have a better growl.