Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Annoying JF or ?? issue driving me nuts. Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Annoying JF or ?? issue driving me nuts. Help Please.

I have NO IDEA WHY but JF website constantly refreshes literally every 5 minutes - contantly wiping out every post I'm writing or thread I'm reading at the time. What is up with that. It's soooo annoying, I almost can't stand to sign on.

I don't dknow what it is but here some fact on my situation:

This is browser independant - as it happens in both Safari and Chrome, and I'm singing on using an official user account as opposed to going the Gmail route. I doubt it's a browser setting or cache cleaning issue because A) i've cleared the cace and cookies in both browsers on both my macs yet the problem persists. It also affects my iPad and iPhone just as it does my macs. I don't know what the problem, but I going to sign off the post now because it will refresh any second and I'll have to start over again. HELP

Old 05-10-2020, 02:05 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by nersveen
I have NO IDEA WHY but JF website constantly refreshes literally every 5 minutes - contantly wiping out every post I'm writing or thread I'm reading at the time. What is up with that. It's soooo annoying, I almost can't stand to sign on.

I don't dknow what it is but here some fact on my situation:

This is browser independant - as it happens in both Safari and Chrome, and I'm singing on using an official user account as opposed to going the Gmail route. I doubt it's a browser setting or cache cleaning issue because A) i've cleared the cace and cookies in both browsers on both my macs yet the problem persists. It also affects my iPad and iPhone just as it does my macs. I don't know what the problem, but I going to sign off the post now because it will refresh any second and I'll have to start over again. HELP
There is no refresh feature as part of the JaguarForums' software besides the Live feature, which shows postings live as they occur as is confined to the following page:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/m...product=vblive

Beyond that, there is no refresh feature while browsing threads or typing messages. As you state, such a feature would easily interfere with the members' usability.

I've not heard of this type of issue elsewhere. At this moment my only idea is that there's something in common to the software you're using on your devices that could be causing the fresh - either on purpose or not. There are browser-based plugins that do as you describe but this is not something JaguarForums is doing on this side.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:33 AM
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Thanks for moving the post to the correct forum

It was unclear where this should go but HELP forum makes sense.

I totally get it that the site doesn't have a REFRESH feature, but the problem won't go away. I have to speed type/read every post before it refreshes and everything gets lost. It's just odd that it's so consistent - about every 5-7 minutes, and that it happens on two different Macs, an Ipad and an Iphone. It drives me nuts and I tend to avoid the forum because of this. MANY things on JF take more than 5 minutes to complete, so it's VERY annoying. Thanks for the info though. I appreciate it. Time to sign off after two attempts at writing this. CIao

Old 06-26-2020, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,987 Likes on 1,689 Posts

Sign out and forget about it all.

Sign in as a newbie and start from scratch, new name, new avatar, new underwear.

If the problem persists then it is at your end.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:56 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve M
Sign out and forget about it all.

Sign in as a newbie and start from scratch, new name, new avatar, new underwear.

If the problem persists then it is at your end.
I can save time by stating this is not an account issue. There is no such setting in the account and no function in the software (on this end) to invoke such an issue, especially per account. So starting with a new account should not do anything unless it's a coincidence.

There is only one new thought I've gotten on this topic since it was bumped. It's entirely possible this "refresh" of the webpage is the browser reloading the page because the browser crashed. This is especially possible for on Apple products. If that is what's happening here, something in the software/hardware on the user-end is occurring to result in the browser to crash and reload. There's too many variables that can result in this ranging from system memory issues to A/V software that is not working well with the site. Nearly every website is different using different software, different coding, different features, etc., and it's fairly common for someone who has an outdated machine or corrupt machine to be OK with simple/basic/text websites but not work well with websites that have more interactive features that requires more resources from the computer to render and execute.