Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Did the forum pages slow down for anyone else the past few days?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,257 Likes on 2,379 Posts
Default Did the forum pages slow down for anyone else the past few days?

I'm running on a MacBook Pro using Safari. Pages are slow to open and often forcing a reload, which then shrinks the font size. I'm on the X150 page most of the time. Mods/ Techs, pls pm me if you have questions, need help.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:30 PM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Sean,

Normal performance for me at the moment.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Graham. I cleared my cache, turned off VPN. No issues on any other site. I might try it out logged off and also try it in Firefox and Chrome.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe just me but this is the message I'm getting:

Old 11-28-2019, 07:08 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The error you posted is coming from your Safari browser and not Jaguar Forums. It's also not specific to Jaguar Forums as you will find this message posted on Apple's community site for several popular sites (Facebook, Google Docs, etc.,) from others asking about the error message.

Many things can cause this from too many tabs open, the browser open too long, too much data in your browser or 3rd party plugins installed. Outdated or low spec'd hardware may also not be able to handle certain interactive sites - such as Jaguar Forums - very well. As this feature is part of Safari, you could try using a different browser if the error message is annoying and/or cause you to lose data due to Safari reloading the page.

Originally Posted by Sean W
Maybe just me but this is the message I'm getting:

Old 11-29-2019, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IB JT
The error you posted is coming from your Safari browser and not Jaguar Forums. It's also not specific to Jaguar Forums as you will find this message posted on Apple's community site for several popular sites (Facebook, Google Docs, etc.,) from others asking about the error message.

Many things can cause this from too many tabs open, the browser open too long, too much data in your browser or 3rd party plugins installed. Outdated or low spec'd hardware may also not be able to handle certain interactive sites - such as Jaguar Forums - very well. As this feature is part of Safari, you could try using a different browser if the error message is annoying and/or cause you to lose data due to Safari reloading the page.
You're the expert, but know that I only get this message on this web site. It's recent. I don't get it anywhere else. I don't use extensions, or other plugins, nothing slow or outdated about my mac and I never have multiple tabs up and rarely multiple apps. It has hung up on Firefox too. Router is new, I am on fiberoptic internet getting 40gb/ minute. This site and only this site is causing problems. I will leave it at that. Thanks for responding.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:57 PM
IB Staff

Every website is different whereas some are more interactive with more features than others. That requires resources from the device. There are millions of websites out there and I'd suspect you'd get that error on other websites you may not have visited of those millions. When you look on Apple's own community website, you will see your error message is something others have experienced on other, popular websites.

Your network and Internet connection is not related to this.

My suggestion would be to disable the infinite scrolling and perhaps the similar threads feature on this site. It's under the Edit options of the UserCP. Those features may not work well on machines that are limited in resources and could lead to the issue you're having.

You're the expert, but know that I only get this message on this web site. It's recent. I don't get it anywhere else. I don't use extensions, or other plugins, nothing slow or outdated about my mac and I never have multiple tabs up and rarely multiple apps. It has hung up on Firefox too. Router is new, I am on fiberoptic internet getting 40gb/ minute. This site and only this site is causing problems. I will leave it at that. Thanks for responding.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IB JT
Every website is different whereas some are more interactive with more features than others. That requires resources from the device. There are millions of websites out there and I'd suspect you'd get that error on other websites you may not have visited of those millions. When you look on Apple's own community website, you will see your error message is something others have experienced on other, popular websites.

Your network and Internet connection is not related to this.

My suggestion would be to disable the infinite scrolling and perhaps the similar threads feature on this site. It's under the Edit options of the UserCP. Those features may not work well on machines that are limited in resources and could lead to the issue you're having.
I disabled infinite scroll about a week after it came out. I've done nothing different with my mac and had only a few issues with this site over the years.

Suddenly there are problems. Started out of the blue.

Don't mean to be rude, really, so take this with a grain of salt. What's on the Apple's website or what happens to millions of web pages is irrelevant. I have never experienced this issue anywhere, ever. I can't be more clear on that. I've had years of IT experience. I know when somethings's wrong on my end. I gave you feedback, you've responded. We're good. Thank you.

Edit - I took your comments to heart and disabled all animated ads and problem went away. I still see the sponsor ads which is good. The hang time happens on my wife's PC laptop also. I don't use windows much so I don't really care but there are many sites I'm on that run video ads/ animated ads and I don't get that message.
Again, I'm set now and no need to reply.

Last edited by Sean W; 11-30-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:22 PM
IB Staff

What's on the Apple's website or what happens to millions of web pages is irrelevant. I have never experienced this issue anywhere, ever. I can't be more clear on that. I've had years of IT experience. I know when somethings's wrong on my end. I gave you feedback, you've responded. We're good. Thank you.

Edit - I took your comments to heart and disabled all animated ads and problem went away. I still see the sponsor ads which is good. The hang time happens on my wife's PC laptop also. I don't use windows much so I don't really care but there are many sites I'm on that run video ads/ animated ads and I don't get that message.
Again, I'm set now and no need to reply.
The relevancy was based on the error coming from your browser, due to a resource issue within system, and is not a Jaguar Forum only issue despite it might be the only few sites you visit where you see the error. It is a resource concern within your system. No other has reported the concern, atleast not that I'm aware of and not even in this thread.

You posted requesting help and I responded. It looks like the answer was not desired. Turning off the animations and the problem goes away does confirm you have a resource issue. Since you don't want any more replies, I'll go ahead and lock this.