Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

edit or remove very old threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 11:00 PM
Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default edit or remove very old threads

is it possible to edit a very old thread that people still contact me via?...some of the information is now irrelevant & would like to update the original entry, can't find the edit button or does that go in time?

Old 02-15-2021, 02:00 AM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by xjtom
is it possible to edit a very old thread that people still contact me via?...some of the information is now irrelevant & would like to update the original entry, can't find the edit button or does that go in time?
The edit feature is disabled after the post is 24 hours old.

You can use the Report Post icon, which is normally used for Moderation alert purposes, to contact a Moderator by clicking on that you see to the upper right corner of your post.

Or you can post the request here and I can assist.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:32 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Another option is to PM a Moderator. I get a lot of similar requests through this method.

Graham

Old 02-15-2021, 03:59 PM
Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

if i post the request here do i post the link to the original post with the new modifications?

Old 02-15-2021, 05:44 PM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

if i post the request here do i post the link to the original post with the new modifications?
I recommend using forum PM for sending the link and details of the changes rather than making it a public discussion for all to see.

Graham

Old 02-15-2021, 06:20 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I thought the request might have been a few simple edits and not private as that's generally the case in my experience. If not, then PM a Moderator such as GGG or myself is an option.

BTW, when you're viewing the main index forum (assuming on desktop/laptop and not mobile):
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/

The Moderators are listed on the right side column for each section. Those moderators have the ability to assist with Moderation concerns.