Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Help from any moderator

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Help from any moderator

Hi guys, I've been here more than 3 days and have more than 10 posts. I'd like to be able to access some of the posted pictures and documents as well as send some PMs, but I am still unable to do that. Can I please be released from noobie jail? I would have PMed this request, but as I said a I cannot do that.

Thank you!!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Tin,

This is a manual transformation that gives you the rights to continue without restrictions. I will send a note to see about getting your freedom. Sorry not all moderators can do this and equally sorry that it is taking so long. I will see what I can do.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gus
Tin,

This is a manual transformation that gives you the rights to continue without restrictions. I will send a note to see about getting your freedom. Sorry not all moderators can do this and equally sorry that it is taking so long. I will see what I can do.
Thank you Gus, I did read through the reason why for this delay and I'm fine with it, but there's a lot I'm trying to learn and without being able to see posted documents and pictures it's kind of frustrating. I also hate typos and I've had a few of those that I cannot edit.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I know! We are working on it, hang in there.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Checked your statistics, you joined on 11/11...3 days ago. Sometimes time creeps by when you're waiting for something good to happen. I'm sure tomorrow the software will release restrictions.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by h20boy
Checked your statistics, you joined on 11/11...3 days ago. Sometimes time creeps by when you're waiting for something good to happen. I'm sure tomorrow the software will release restrictions.
LOL, that's kind of embarassing, I was thinking I joined earlier last week. I'm looking forward to actually seeing some of the posted pics and PMing a few people. Again I understand why this is in effect, but it would be nice if the mods could release those that are obviously not spammers earlier than the 3 days.

**edit** guess what? I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

Pushin tin, glad that you are now granted full access to the forum

As for your many previous requests ans statements such as "Again I understand why this is in effect, but it would be nice if the mods could release those that are obviously not spammers earlier than the 3 days."??

I am the only person that has the ability to manually release members from this issue. I usually do this pretty much on a daily basis for as many new members as I can, sometimes between 15- 20 per day.

Besides individually welcoming each one to the site, then manually upgrading them to Full forum access which all takes a lot of time!
This is as well as banning / deleting the hundreds of spammers that we get each day, that no one on this site sees as well as other day to day mundane issues that need sorted.

All this done in my spare time, over and above trying to keep a roof over my familys head and actually spending time with them, so, if one or two new members such as yourself ( out of thousands ) end up having to wait the full 3 day period.......excuse me if I don't lose too much sleep over it