Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

minor bodywork costs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minor bodywork costs

what should i expect to pay for repair of a rear quarter panel scratch just over the rear wheel well?

Old 09-06-2019, 06:17 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by maybewill
what should i expect to pay for repair of a rear quarter panel scratch just over the rear wheel well?
@maybewill please note this section is used for Feedback and Suggestions for the website itself. It is not the place to ask technical questions as most members will not see your question here.

You might try the Regional section, depending upon your area, as someone may be able to make a recommendation since your question concerns a topic that can vary depending upon who you use:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/regional-34/

Or, you might try posting in the section for your vehicle. You didn't provide much information on your vehicle, but I think it may be covered under the following section:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...els-modern-77/

Old 09-08-2019, 03:28 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by maybewill
Welcome to the forums maybewill,

I see you have also posted this question in X250 forum. Your profile shows you have an XJR but with no year information so it could be one of three entirely different Jaguar models badged as XJR. Repairs to the earlier steel bodied models are considerably less than the later aluminium bodied ones.

The term "scratch" could be anywhere between a minor clearcoat scuff to panel deformation. A photograph is the minimum required for anyone to give an informed opinion on repair costs.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 09-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybewill

Thanks - it’s a 2005 XJR. I live in the Virginia suburbs of Washington DC

Not much damage but then I don’ T know what it’s like to work on aluminum