Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

MPG survey

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default MPG survey

I'd like to see a formal survey of MPG for X150, perhaps using Survey Monkey or the like. Has this ever been done? Is it permissible for a member to set up one an provide a link to a survey in a post?

I am aware of informal surveys as threads, but they aren't very helpful because there will be posts for modified 4.2L XKRs mixed in with stock 5.0L XKs and such. A proper survey would require submitters to provide year, model, miles on the car, etc., as well as kind of driving, e.g., 25% city streets & 75% low traffic highway, and other pertinent factors. Thinking more expansively, it could be designed to include other models too.

Just a thought.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Ed,

Most members are cautious about posting personal data on the forums. We are also aware of the risks which is why we ask for no more than:

1. Vehicle details - Model and Year
2. Location - only to Country and State/City level

This gives sufficient detail to identify vehicle specifications but not enough to give even a near location of residence or business. Surveys I've seen usually ask for way too much personal information and some are extremely intrusive with data use in more covert ways.

I don't have a issue with a survey of MPG in principle but I would question how much interest there may be within the membership before proceeding. If you are specifically interested in X150 statistics then an initial post in X150 forum to gauge interest would be the best way to begin.

Graham

Old 08-14-2019, 05:43 PM

Thanks, Graham. In the meanwhile, how does your '14 5.0L do? In the 3 weeks or so I've had it, my '13 5.0L Special Edition Coupe is getting about 1.5-13.5 with a mix of city streets & freeway driving. Others in the X150 forum seem to be getting closer to 20.

Ed

Old 08-14-2019, 06:51 PM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Ed,

You're not going to like this .............. I genuinely have no idea.

When it drops to a quarter of a tank, I refill it. That being said, I do keep an accurate log of fuel, mileage and trips so I could work it out.

Graham

Old 08-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Don't start fussing with this on my behalf, Graham. I like to keep track of mpg, especial on my Jaguar, because it alerts me when something's not working right.

I use an app on my cell phone to record every fill-up. Just takes a minute or two. Interestingly, on our '06 Avalon it always came up with lower than the trip computer showed, but on our '19 Avalon and the 2013 XK the numbers are quite close.