Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Posting pictures on a PM

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 03:32 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Posting pictures on a PM

How do I post pics on a PM. I’ve managed to post pics on threads no trouble, but can’t seem to see how on a PM
Thanks
W

Old 06-24-2022, 05:19 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

I have never sent or received an image attached to a PM and assume the upload feature for this does not work. Forum owner Internet Brands may have a different view ......

Graham

Old 06-27-2022, 01:24 AM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Direct picture attachment to Private Messages is not, and never was, available as it was not written into the software. You must "hot-link" by already having the photo hosted online and then copy/paste the URL within the Private Message. You can host the picture in your Album for this purpose:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/g/

This is something we can explore in future releases, especially if there is feedback suggesting as such.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 03:08 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by IB JT
Direct picture attachment to Private Messages is not, and never was, available as it was not written into the software. You must "hot-link" by already having the photo hosted online ......
Thanks for the clarification.

Confusion arises because the available Image and Link buttons give the impression that attachment will work the same in PM's as it does in Posts:

Logically, these buttons should NOT be shown in PM mode.

I have occasionally found it would be useful to be able to attach an image or a document directly to a PM but making initial contact by PM then allows a private email exchange to be started where attachments can be sent or received.

Graham

Old 06-27-2022, 06:45 AM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Thanks for the clarification.

Confusion arises because the available Image and Link buttons give the impression that attachment will work the same in PM's as it does in Posts:

Logically, these buttons should NOT be shown in PM mode.

I have occasionally found it would be useful to be able to attach an image or a document directly to a PM but making initial contact by PM then allows a private email exchange to be started where attachments can be sent or received.

Graham
While I agree there may be some confusion on that, the Image button is part of the WYSIWYG editor and is the same for Posting a new Thread/Reply or Posting a PM. The system doesn't know the difference between the two and there is no easy way to separate or change that.

Prior to the WYSIWYG editor, there was simply an Attachment button below the Posting New Thread/Reply interface, which still is there today, but the WYSIWYG editor was later added and the Image management button was part of that feature.