Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Remove the Tech section

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Remove the Tech section

Instead of coming to the forum and asking a techs help with your problem after blowing off another tech because he was not going to give you free advice on how to fix your car and you figure he has a bad attitude. You should have come to the forum stated your problem , asked if anyone could help and you would have gotten several people that would have recommended something including the techs. Now you have just pissed everyone off
Good luck

Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Go to a Lawyer and tell him that you need free advice from him because the Lawyer you talked to on the phone would not give you free advice and I don't like his attitude
because he was not friendly towards me. See how much advice you get from that second Lawyer.
It's like being out with a friend getting with a nice looking women and getting sloppy seconds. Don't you understand?

Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 PM

You just don't get it
Goodbye!

Old 06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you got attitude from all of us because you expect something for nothing. try humbling yourself for a second...at this moment they dont need you. they would rather not have your money then to deal with you. if you would just chill out and ask for some help you would get it. instead you just **** everybody off...the tech at the shop might have had a bad attitude with you..we dont know how he said it. i am a computer tech and most of the time trying to explain how i fixed this issue is a waste of my time and the time of my customers. they dont giva **** what the problem was. i fixed the issue and that is all that should matter.

what do you do for a living?

Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

From me, you got a general confirmation of your problem, a referral on where to find the specific information you will need, an accurate warning about not running your engine in the interim...and a thanks for your call.

The other issues I discussed were not justdirected to you specifically, but to the readership at large.

The other problems you have are yours to deal with.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I'll continue this to a resolution, against my word and my better judgement.

If you feel your time here is being wasted, using the resource I provided would have already gotten you buried in information you seek. Nothing draws egotistical flies like a fresh piece of meat.

Had you originally posted that you were in search of an experienced Jaguar mechanic to repair your car, I would have given you a cordial invitation to make the trip.

Had that not been within your financial means, I would have suggested you find a source for free parts and knowledge. If you already have the pieces and the experience to get your car running another way, go for it.

Without a little bit of disposable income to invest, either choice is not immediately possible.

If and when you find out the cost of reliable ignition parts to repair the V12, please do not yell at the parts man. One of them might be actually quoting you a fair market price, unless he's selling you unreliable knock-off parts. They will still cost as much as a used chevy V8 conversion kit.There was onefor saleon ebay, and it may still be there now.

I think, at this point, you will agree that we both have better thing to focus on. Time for me to get some other things accomplished. Good luck with your car. It will be tempermental, frustrating, time consuming, and not get you anywhere at all...until you reach a resolution.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Rat

I'm sorry you feel that way about this forum, I am a member of several forums including Dodge and BMW forums, I think this is the best of them all.
The layout of the site the sections and above all the quality and the quantity of information available, I'm sure if you read through some previous threads you would find the info you need.
At the end of the day you have to respect the fact that these garage owners are in the business to make a living as quoted on previous posts and you can't get too upset if the info is not volunteered straight up foc after your first post!

I had a problem with my S-type, I had a couple of suggestions but did not resolve the problem but I didn't get upset with the forum because my problem didn't get resolved.

Montru

Old 06-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  9.9 KB

Rat - first of all let me say that having read through your posts, I honestly believe it is your attitude and no one elses that may be causing the problem. I myself have been on this site more or less since the get go and have watched and hopefully helped it to grow to where it is now. I myself am on 5 other forums, moderator on 3 and honestly believe that this is without doubt one of the best I personally have seen.
No one on any site, and Jaguarforums.com is no exception likes anyone with their first, second post etc to start screaming and demanding help / free assistance as if it were their right. Manners cost nothing, a simple please and thank you for any help you can offer is the very least we can give these techs who offer their time and knowledge for free.
Just a thought, but it seems like you've had these discussions with 2, 3 or more people so far all with the same outcome......whats the common factor here, you should be asking yourself??
The tech section obviously will not be removed and no doubt will go from strength to strength.

I do jope thatyou get your problems resolved.

Techs - We ALL thank you for your continued support / backup and knowledge gained over the years that is passed on for free and the love of the marque. I honestly believe that most members here that I have seen posting will agree 100%

Thanks again

Jim

Old 06-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Well...sir...you came here and complained about a shop telling you they wouldn't give you free advice. What did you expect? For us to tell you that he should give you free advice? LOL! Don't take it personally mate, it's just a fact of life. Another fact is that you got yourself into a very rare and prestigious Jaguar that even many dealerships wouldn't know how to deal with. If you look through the tech section, you will notice that most are answered diligently and FREE OF COST. You just happen to have rare jag, and really gave very little information on your problem. Hope you enjoy another Jag forum if you feel that this one is not sufficient for you, but I guarantee that the friendliness and amability that you find here you won't find elsewhere.

This is locked as I'm displeased with the way our Techs are being regarded. Jimbo, if you find it fitting, go ahead and unlock this, but I think are techs are very generous, and at NO COST...so if you can't find help here...I guess you'll have to pay.