Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Search tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 12:03 PM
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Search tool

The search query for posts with ["XJ12" + "manuals"] returns a number of posts but does highlight these words within the posts. Is there an option to highlight the searched words? Can the feature be added? Regards,

Tommaso

Old 07-02-2021, 12:44 PM
IB Staff
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello, I'll do some checking as the ability to highlight the search term is there and is something, normally, enabled. We may have a technical issue preventing it from functioning. I'll investigate.

That said, phrase searches are somewhat different. There are cases where we recommend using Google's search for specific terms/phrase by going to Google.com and entering in your search term/phrase followed by site:https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum

This tells Google to search JaguarForums for your search terms. While it's not the best solution, and the team continues to develop the search, keep in mind it's very difficult to compete with Google and the resources they have available. Google's business started in search and very few can match their results.

In the meantime, there's also the option that your browser can locate words displayed on the page. Depending on your browser, you might be able to press and hold CTRL key while pressing the F key. That brings up the browser's Find feature. You can then enter your word in the Find bar and the browser will focus on that word - as long as the word is on the page that's currently loaded.

The following users liked this post:
ascanio1 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 01:19 PM
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Please do not apologise, my comment was not meant as a negative mark. Thank you for the advice, I will try to remember it. I use Firefox and it has that option but, for some weird reason, it did not work then.

Last edited by ascanio1; 07-02-2021 at 01:47 PM.